New friends for motivation and support-let's lose 30 pounds before Christmas!

Options
I joined MFP in 2012 and have only logged in a handful of times. I have never reached out and I am excited to connect with some of you! I am 47 years old and my goals is to lose 30 pounds before Christmas. I have metabolic syndrome and my knees think I'm 67 (both knees are bone on bone from arthritis). I know that if I don't start exercising and lose weight, I am putting myself at severe risk for a stroke and/or heart attack. I am ready to transform my life and reverse my health situation! If you want to join me on this journey, add me as a friend or comment for me to add you. Here's to new friends and changed lives!!

Replies

• oann8052
    oann8052 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm all in wanting to lose 40lbs myself so please add me and I hear ya on the knees argh! Right now it's just my left one but was told better get busy b4 I end up with diabetes so that's motivation for me. Let's help each other get there
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm down....30lbs by xmas!!!!!
  • JenuineMalice
    JenuineMalice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Add me to your group, please! Holidays and holiday eating is such a source of stress for me! I am a 46 year old wife, mother, nurse and Master's degree student. Sometimes, my free time is extremely limited, but I will check in here from time to time. I don't do drugs, I rarely drink alcohol and have never smoked, but when I'm stressed, I EAT! When I'm happy, I EAT. When I'm sad I EAT. When I'm bored, I... well, you get the picture. I guess you could say, if I'm not sleeping, I'm eating. Over the past year I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis (painful, fallen arches) and I was recently evaluated for vascular insufficiency (leaking valves in the veins of my legs) due to swollen ankles and feet. After getting ultrasounds of both legs, the surgeon told me my circulation was fine, but that I need to lose weight. I would say I probably need to lose about 70 pounds to be a healthy weight. I've lost 3 pounds since last week, just following my Fitness Pal. We can do this!
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I'm happy to help :smile:
  • CocosBack111
    CocosBack111 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey... I'm looking for some active friends on here. Please add me if that's you.
  • shirleyjt1
    shirleyjt1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to motivate each other! In the resent past I've started a diet every Monday and by Friday it was over. I was recently diagnosed with impaired glucose tolerance and my doctor said the only way to keep it from going to full fledged diabetes is to lose weight. So my doctor, and I, would love to see me lose 30 lbs by Christmas.
  • sarseg81
    sarseg81 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm game to be down 30 by Christmas! Any one can add me because I'm tired of being tired and out of shape.
  • fightingweight155
    Options
    I'm in. I need to get serious and losing 30 pounds by Christmas will be a great start. Feel free to add me.
  • sjunee98
    sjunee98 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    30 down by Christmas sounds like a great goal, I'm down!! Add me and let's motivate eachother
  • ajomalls
    ajomalls Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! I'm a 47 year old executive director of a nonprofit, wife, mother to a tween & teen. Life is busy and has been particularly stressful. I've battled my weight most of my life, but it's harder and harder the older I get. No major health issues yet, but I want to take control of my weight once and for all. Like one of the other people on this chain, I eat when I'm happy, sad, anxious. I really enjoy exercise (but am not making time for it). I also love to cook and when I get myself into the habit, I can cook ahead on Sundays, which makes the rest of the week go smoothly. Over the past 6 years, I've gained and lost 40 lbs, just to gain all or part of it back again. I need accountability partners and a goal. I'd love to be down 30 lbs by Christmas. My goal is to loose 40 and keep it off once and for all.
  • steffijo01
    steffijo01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I don't need to lose 30 pounds but hoping to lose 15 pounds slowly in these coming months before winter! Would love to join you guys and girls.
  • xoxNICxox
    xoxNICxox Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as steffijo01 around 15lbs to target weight but do need the moral support! Feel free to add me :)
  • ashleyf07
    ashleyf07 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Im working on losing 30ish lbs. Started last Friday....Ive lost 7 lbs so far! Thanks never tried the community part of MFP before. Hope the best results for everyone!
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OMG! please add me to this I need this! I keep slipping up over and over again. I need support badly
  • kevonm002
    kevonm002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes please add me I'm up for the challenge :)
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Wow! Please add me....I feel like I in the same boat as you, health wise. Tomorrow I go to the foot doctor to see what in the heck is going on with my arches! I really want to lose 30 pounds by Christmas!
  • SaritaWolf
    SaritaWolf Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I would love to get another 30 by Christmas! I'll join in! Feel free to add me too! Anyone!
  • Bee_M_Cee
    Bee_M_Cee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have used MFP off and on here and there. I recently met with a trainer and learned what I needed to give me that kick in the pants. I love the motivation in this group! I would love to lose 30 by Christmas! How do I get added to a group? I need to be held accountable for getting those workouts in.
  • ecmont032
    ecmont032 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    We can do it girls!!!!