What in the name of Barry White is Fitbit?

Options
OK, so to some people this might be a really retarded sounding question, but I'm asking anyway.

What is "Fitbit"?

I've read something on Google about it being some kind of glorified pedometer, a lot of people on here mention it, but have never explained what it is EXACTLY.

So yeah, if someone could be good enough to explain it to me, that would be muchos appreciated!

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    http://www.fitbit.com/

It has it's own website and everything so you can read about each specific product and all it's features. Enjoy.
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have one. fitbit flex . I wear it on my wrist. it tells me how active I have been all day and how many steps I have taken. it helped me a lot when I started to figure out my activity level. (I eat TDEE - 500.) so I put down light activity... that's about where I ended up after wearing it for about two weeks... its pretty cool... some people are motivated to move more by it... its just a cool little gadget... you can go to community and then search and type in fitbit. and there are tons and tons of topics you can read that people have posted...
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Sing!

"My darling I, can't get enough of FitBit baby"

Visit the above link, yes ok, some people say it's a glorified pedometer, but I tell you, it's worth it!!! I love my FitBit and knowing when I've reached my steps and the TDEE function is my favourite part.
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    FitBit is cool. Personally, I have a BodyMedia Fit Link.....but they are both very cool. I have improved my fitness tremendously because of this cool little device. I can even run/walk a 5K in 42 minutes. This might not be a big deal for a lot of people, but for me it was HUGE!!!!! I could barely make it to my mailbox when I started. These are well worth the cost if you are serious about improving your fitness.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I just bought one today as a reward for reaching a weight loss mini goal. Money well spent. LOVE the thing already in the half day I've had it. Yes, it's a pedometer, but to get a detailed report of every little bit of activity you do is awesome. It's great to see the gaps in the day where you just aren't moving.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    It's a glorified pedometer.

But I still want one, it appeals to my geeky side. :)
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Only looked at fitbit now for the first time , pretty cool apps
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I got one last week. It's nice because it gives you an idea of how active you really are, although it doesn't take everything into account (it didn't register my hour of Les Mills Pump at all yesterday, for example, even though it probably burned 300 calories). You just clip it on your belt and forget about it. It tells you how many steps, miles, floors you've walked in a day, how many very active minutes you had in a day (it's always pretty low for me, interestingly enough) and how many calories you burned all day (although as I said, it doesn't take into account workouts that don't make you move much, so for me yesterday it was probably 200-300 calories off).

Mine has a sleep monitor too so it tells you how long you slept, how often you woke up etc as well. It's pretty neat. I honestly mostly got one to get an idea of my activity, but it's pretty motivating to get you to walk more (to reach the 10k steps/5 miles goal for the day, for example), plus you get 'badges' in your email for reaching goals, so it's pretty fun.