Cauliflower Pizza Base help!!!

2»

Replies

• DebbieNeedham1
    DebbieNeedham1 Posts: 234 Member
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt - maybe but we don't eat Cauliflower as often as wheat - which you can have at every meal just in a different form!! bread, cereal, pasta, etc etc etc..
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,322 Member
    I use a 90 calorie flat bread.. works great as the crust. I spray it with olive oil first..and put it on a pan in the oven to get it somewhat crisp.. then add my sauce.. low fat cheese.. turkey pepperoni.. onion.. mmmm it is good.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    @Alyssa_Is_LosingIt - maybe but we don't eat Cauliflower as often as wheat - which you can have at every meal just in a different form!! bread, cereal, pasta, etc etc etc..

Wouldn't that make us even worse adapted for cauliflower?
  • DebbieNeedham1

yes if everything we ate included it!! and we ate it at every meal - think u have missed the point
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I think we've all missed the point...

When I want pizza, I buy an extra thin crust and use that. And when I eat pizza, that's usually the only bread product I have for the day, so I don't find it to be an issue. I do not eat pizza and pasta in the same day (nor do I eat cereal).
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member

yes if everything we ate included it!! and we ate it at every meal - think u have missed the point

Not sure that you're not missing his. ;)

• guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Sarahb29 wrote: »
    If you're not on some sort of low carb diet what about using a pita pocket for your base and load up on toppings? Less wheat/flour than normal pizzas. I ate a lot of pita pizzas growing up.

If you want a more veggie base I've seen people use shredded zucchini to make pizza crust too, or sliced eggplant made into mini pizzas.

Eggplant pizzas are delicious.
  • DebbieNeedham1
    @snickerscharlie - yes thanks I have totally got his point - anyway - end of discussion.

Thanks to all those who commented with helpful suggestions - much appreciated :)
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member

Hm? If we ate it a lot we'd be better adapted, if we ate it less, we're worse adapted. Since cauliflower hasn't been around for as long and people haven't eaten it as much as wheat, we're better at digesting wheat than cauliflower (by your logic).
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    How long have Oreos been around? I'm totally adapted to those...
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited September 2016
    thanks everyone for your answers - going to look into them all - I am not allergic to wheat - but I am trying to drastically cut it down as I think we eat far too much wheat - especially as its a relatively new grain that has been introduced to our diet - as in the last 10,000 years or something - which compared to human evolution is very recent. I think this is the reason why so many people have wheat allergys/intollerances..

There is nothing wrong with wheat.. Nothing, unless someone is intolerant/celiac/etc.

10,000 years? It's not new.

"We eat far too much wheat" That's quite the blanket statement. I'm sorry, but basing your eating habits because you heard somewhere that humans eat too much of it is a little odd, dontchya think? Don't cut down on wheat because apparently the whole Earth's population "eats too much" (is there a scientific study pointing towards this wheat consumption?) . Cut down on wheat only if you have a medical condition/allergy/intolerance to it.
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    How long have Oreos been around? I'm totally adapted to those...
    Since 1912, apparently, but I am going to go right ahead and say 'over 9000'.

Oh, me too.
  • mamagetsphat
    mamagetsphat Posts: 9 Member
    It's just been proven that gluten intolerance isn't a thing. You're either celiac or you're not. I can share the data. If anything, the amount of lactose from cheese in these crusts is much more likely to cause digestive issues given lactose intolerance is a thing.

And I used to be super anti-wheat, blah blah blah.

That being said, the best cauli crust I ever made was the Against All Grain one.