Kitchen Gadgets and Exercise Gizmo Reviews

Options
txfyreflye
txfyreflye Posts: 91 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
I don't know about anyone else but I find there's a need to find out about a gadget or gizmo before purchasing it. I also don't know if there's another forum on here about this. But I thought I would start one. And here we have Alton Browns review of kitchen gadgets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgFeVlw2Ywg

Replies

• txfyreflye
    Options
    I mentioned this briefly in another thread but thought people might be interested in reading about this technology.

Whats the hardest part of counting cals for you? For me, its the measuring. I've tried a standard scale, only to find I have to go back and look things up, which is fine, but sometimes I don't want to run to the computer or don't have one nearby, especially on vacation.

Enter the Kitchen Gurus Perfect Portion nutrition scale. It not only tells me the calories, but every element of nutrition involved in whatever I am eating!

h1txp25kh20e.jpg

Its small and slim enough to sit on any counter top. I was even able to slip it into my carry all. Battery op, doesn't soak up battery use as long as you turn it off when not using.

Comes with instructions and a nutrition guide made of water resistant card stock.

Cost: $39.95 at Bed Bath and Beyond

Free shipping if ordered online.
  • txfyreflye
    Options
    Yes indeed I bought some!
    Not only do I love technology, I also love simplicity and there's times when measuring isn't necessarily going to happen. At least not on the scale. Unless you measure as you go, a casserole (for example) can be difficult to tabulate.

So there's portion control devices. In all honesty most of those don't work for what I call "blended foods" (casseroles, etc). But using a portion control place can help you by giving you a "portion visual". But if you're like me, you don't want some goofy looking kid-style place with pictures of fruits and veggies on them. No, you want a little bit of class with your portion control meal.

Welcome to alternative portion control dining.

Every Day.

For me, these work great! Corelle has portion divided plates that are truly nice looking. Maybe not for a formal or holiday meal, but they're a great every day kind of help:

f1c7f07f1bc5404e8386d353b8730341.jpg

There's also more decorated styles, absolutely lovely I think:

386110d7b3ce1747271e00ca4c13da41.jpg