rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Those aren't workouts, so no

This.

• qwikstreet
    qwikstreet Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I typically do log such activities as lawn mowing, gardening, etc. Anything that does take a good period of time and I break a sweat will be logged. As for the calorie count, I always cut it in half or more. I do this even on a gym or treadmill workout. I do this to help my MFP diet tracking and I can see bigger gains than expected.

For example:
    One hour on stationary bike usually tells me about 400-500 calories. I will manually add it to mapmyfitness at 200-250.
    One hour of splitting firewood is about 300-400. I will do 100 calories per hour.

Don't let the predetermined totals cheat against you. Adjust it and cheat for you.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just log my 90 mins of cardio a day even when I do more
  • Derpy_Hooves
    Derpy_Hooves Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    No I don't log them and I secretly scoff at friends on my timeline who do log this.
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't log regular housework, but if I'm gutting out cupboards and doing the top of the kitchen cupboards/fridge/painting etc on top, then I add that if it adds up. Most things I don't add. For the ones I do, I don't really take much notice of them, as I know they're overestimations anyway.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,849 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I haven't logged anything else except the weights training, cardio, running and swimming yet.. May b coz it hasn't been that significant workout, but a nice thought.. Reckon it should be done!
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    I always log chores, especially when I do my part of the laundry. That's hard work!
  • Cahgetsfit
    Cahgetsfit Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I log all my exercise as 1 calorie burnt. I used to log stuff like cleaning IF it was a hardcore spring clean type get out the toothbrush to scrb the toilet scenario, but not your generic keping hte house habitable cleaning.