50lbs down so far (pics)

Options
Yasmine91
Yasmine91 Posts: 599 Member
edited September 2016 in Success Stories
Quite happy with what I’ve been doing, even though it started from a bad place.

2016 has been a…its not been great..let’s just say that. I started losing weight around February, lack of hunger from being sad all the time which I eventually adopted into just eating when I’m hungry and well ….here I am 50 lbs lighter. I do feel better physically, I don’t feel tired as much, I can move better, I wore short shorts for the first time in 7 years :)

I do plan to keep going until I’m healthier, having PCOS and being overweight is a terrible mix. If I want to have children in the future, I need to sort out my health.

h7ump9822pww.jpg

we.jpg 80.6K

Replies

• fostersu
    fostersu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I had something similar happen to me several years ago - couldn't eat because of other health and stressful issues, but it turned into an opportunity for healthful eating and weight flew off.
    Good luck, you look fabulous and I hope the rest of the year is good to you
  • clandrum84
    clandrum84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing work. I am excited to see where you take this from here. I'm down 60ish lbs from January 2016 and feel much better. Add me if you want to or want to talk sometime.
  • Juliexoxo11
    Juliexoxo11 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure of any medical condition yet as I haven't had the insurance to look into it but my fiance and I have been trying for a yaer for a child and no luck. I have just started my journey to lose 90 pounds as getting healthy may allow for me to get pregnant and if not I want to be as healthy as possible to carry a baby no matter how we get to that point . Great story! I hope I can keep the strength to do what you did. Great job! Keep it up! Any one can add me. :)
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Options
    Awesome work
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Those short shorts are a goal of mine too! :smiley:
  • spondypete
    spondypete Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Doesn't that feel great. Great Job. I started a few months ago and I'm down 44.5 lbs, sneaking up to the 50 lbs mark myself. A few days ago I bought a 44 lbs bag of dogfood (I work with rescue dogs and have currently 8 dogs in my house) and couldn't believe how heavy it was and realized that I was carrying that extra weight around less than 3 months ago.

Keep up the good work. You'll see it's very much worth the hard work.
  • kathryninnc
    kathryninnc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you're results are amazing and a result of your determination and courage to stay the course. You have the ability to chart your life course to include personal joy, just look at how much YOU have accomplished. Well done!
  • Jezreel12
    Jezreel12 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You're amazing in my eyes ! I'm very proud of you
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you should be so proud!
  • ThatJohanna
    ThatJohanna Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Has your doctor prescribed metformin? That has killed my appetite which makes following MFP easy. Some days I have to force myself to to take enough calories in so I don't lose too rapidly and end up with loose skin. Love your pictures I'm currently shaped like your before picture so it gives me hope.
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    You're looking great!
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I found metformin helped so much with moods and pcos. you look great by the way
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. Did you do any exercise or just didn't eat as much?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!