HELP!! Boobs and HRMs!

Options
a0a1zp.jpg

Okay it posted upside down but you get the point...Look what my HRM is doing to me!! Have any of you experienced this as well? It looks a lot worse in real life than in the picture...That line is completely raw!

I have really big boobs (40H)...Is this normal or do you think its from the force of my boobs in conjunction with the HRM strap?? I love using it but I feel like if I'm running and wearing the HRM every day (I'm training for a half marathon!) this is only going to get much worse!

Any suggestions?? :cry:

BTW- I ran my first 5K without stopping today! BOOM! :drinker:

Replies

• froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with my bras (3 different models and sizes). I ended up buying a boat load of band-aids and put one on whenever I exercise. Funny, because those same bras never bothered me before this summer...
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me once with my strap. Are you able to wash your strap? If so that may help, I wash mine in a garment bag in the washing machine with all my other delicate's. I wash it once every two weeks or so. yours may need a good cleaning or maybe you need to adjust it (is it to tight?)
    Also if it is really painful, for now you can try putting some of the waterproof bandage tape there for now until it heals.
    Hope you feel better soon
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I rinse it in the sink after every use.

I don't THINK I'm wearing it too tight! lol Its not like...SQUEEZING or anything...And the strap isn't too small because its not fully extended.

Does it matter how high the strap is? Maybe I could move it down some so that the weight of my boobs isn't so harsh on the strap? lol
  • dutchess4884
    Options
    This also happens to me with my bra. I also have a large heavy chest. i put baby powder under my boobs before I put on my bra to make it slide not dig. It works well enough.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    What she said ^ Athletes use powder/chalk to prevent ripping of the skin on there hands so why not put it on your boobs or where the cut is.
  • lightdiva1
    lightdiva1 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I started using my HRM at about the same size as you. (42H) I got the same markings. I moved it up to be directly under the under wire of my bra and poof, problem solved. It should be as close to your heart as you can get it, but also in a plce where it is not going to rub you raw or cut into you.

I am significantly smaller now, but still large chested. (32G) So I understand the issues. Play around with it, you will find the sweet spot.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I started using my HRM at about the same size as you. (42H) I got the same markings. I moved it up to be directly under the under wire of my bra and poof, problem solved. It should be as close to your heart as you can get it, but also in a plce where it is not going to rub you raw or cut into you.

I am significantly smaller now, but still large chested. (32G) So I understand the issues. Play around with it, you will find the sweet spot.

Thanks! I'll have to try moving it up some! So helpful to have someone with the same...er...Problem...As me! lol
  • ReinaJaLaNa
    ReinaJaLaNa Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I responded about this on your related status message.
  • NiceSpydr
    NiceSpydr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OUCH! I have not yet gotten a HRM, but was worried about this very issue. The picture has me MORE concerned than I was before. I hope it gets better soon.
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    OUCH!!!! I use an HRM that's a watch without a strap.
  • abneys
    abneys Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm not as gifted in that department but for rubbing issues, I now always wear mine under the band of my sports bra instead of above it. Seems to give me similar readings without the discomfort and the band helps hold it right where I want it.