Wonky mirror?

Options
emilieradke
emilieradke Posts: 14 Member
edited September 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
This may sound like a weird question, but I'm worried about my bathroom mirror and how it makes me look.

I'm at the very end of my weight loss journey with about 10lbs left to go...I really only want to get rid of some fat up by my shoulders and breasts.

In the mirror in my bedroom, it looks like it's almost gone, however, in the bathroom mirror, it still seems to bulge and be very prominent. I feel like it looks small in most mirrors, but my bathroom one just always makes it look so big.

Have any of you ever had issues with bad mirrors? Do you think the fact that my bedroom mirror that's good is a full body one makes a difference?

I just don't want to get discouraged when I'm this close to the finish line!

Thanks! :)

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Some mirrors can definitely distort your image. How do you look in photos?

Really though it sounds to me as though you are overthinking this a bit... just keep on with the good habits you have developed and the fat you have will go in it's own good time.
  • DirkRocks
    DirkRocks Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    For the most accurate way to view ones appearance just set the timer on your phones camera and take a pic. But not using the bathroom mirror to do it. :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,300 Member
    Options
    yes.. mirrors can lie. you've heard of the "skinny" mirror.. some stores have those in the dressing rooms. Have you ever bought something you tried on and it looked great at the store... then at home you thought.. "what was i thinking!"

Have someone take a picture of you.. that doesn't lie.

Side note.. when i started working out at Planet Fitness 36 days ago.. the big shock was looking at myself in the dressing room mirror. I looked fatter than I thought I was.. That mirror is the real deal… I was kidding myself with my mirror at home - which must make me look thinner. Yikes!