STARTING TODAY- ANY MOTIVATIONAL TIPS??

I AM STARTING TODAY ON MY WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY, I NEED TO LOSE 10% BODY WEIGHT JUST TO BE IN THE "HEALTHY" WEIGHT RANGE.
IN ADDITION TO THAT I WOULD LOVE TO LOSE 35KG TO GET BACK TO MY "PRE-BABY WEIGHT" ALMOST 5 YEARS AGO...

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS AND TRICKS ON HOW TO STAY MOTIVATED AND ON TRACK? I HAVE TRIED MULTIPLE TIMES BEFORE AND NOTHING HAS STUCK- IM HOPING THIS TIME IS DIFFERENT....

THANKYOU

Replies

• louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    When I started I wrote out a prayer asking for God to help me with this. I also wrote out why I wanted to do this, my health, my kids, better looking clothes, to start living instead of just taking up space. I wrote out my fears if I stayed the weight I was, developing the diseases that come with obesity, hbp, diabetes, heart disease early death.

Getting motivated is easy when the pounds fall off in the beginning. You are super pumped to exercise and measuring. Then after the weeks the motivation is not there. It's easy to say I will exercise tomorrow. That extra piece of cake wont hurt. Then you feel guilty and say I messed up might as well eat this. That is where dedication and commitment come in. You have to decide that no I don't want to feel like I did when I started.

Don't look at food's as good or bad. Eating things in moderation is ok. But also know your trigger foods and try not to have them available. If your weakness is donuts don't bring them in the house so when you want one it's a bigger effort to get in the car to drive down the street to get them.

Find something that will help you with stress. I am a person that eats when I am stress or anxious. Instead I started cleaning. It helps me so much to burn that energy and calories.

When you mess up don't give up. If you eat over don't keep doing it start making better choices at the next meal.

You will learn as you go. I found me in this process and confidence I never had before. Enjoy the process and getting to know you.
  • daisy552014
    daisy552014 Posts: 13 Member
    Don't cut everything out at once, just set up a realistic daily calorie goal and stick to it. If that includes some treats then that's fine!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,745 Member
    edited September 2016
    It's an interesting journey. You learn a lot about yourself, what you need, what makes you tick and what you can't stand.

Don't try to control everything and don't expect perfection - either in your eating or in the results. The scale will fluctuate, sometimes you will lose far more than you expect, sometimes nothing or even gain. This is normal, your body weight fluctuates all the time, you need to take the long view - like the four or five week long view.

And you will vary in how easy it is to stick to your goals. Take it easy, don't beat yourself up, and learn - if you really can't stick to it one day, there was probably a good reason. Draw a line under it and move on, one day will not destroy anything.

You can do this - good luck!
  • rugbyishy
    rugbyishy Posts: 38 Member
    If you have bad day just let it be bad day not continue for bad week.
    I still struggle with this but better than I was. Also getting my toddler involved in healthy cooking, more walks together to.
    Good luck
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,321 Member
    I'll share what is working for me right now…
    - exercising almost every day.. at least five to six days a week.. cardio all days..and lifting weights three of those days
    - grocery shopping so i always have the food I need
    - packing food so I have it with me in the car and out and about when i get hungry and need something healthy
    - getting right back on track when I eat off plan..as when I go out to dinner. get RIGHT back on.. I don't use it as an excuse to go off plan for a few days or week.
    - forme… not weighing myself until I drop a size. I don't want to be focused on the scale this time.
    - learning how to prepare super tasty meals that are low in calories
    - being more active overall
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Its early where I live, and the all CAPS were sort of in your face! LOL

Setup your account to loose X pounds, follow the guidelines for logging and weighing food, stick to your calorie deficit every day, exercise or move more, and you will have sucess!

read the stickies at the beginning of forums for all sorts of good tips, advice and answers to many many basic questions.