I know I can do this (I think)

Hi i'm DeeMarie

I'm 33 and live in Rossendale, Lancashire, UK. I am a receptionist in a sports centre and used to line dance. I am also studying for a BA (Hons) Business Management at university. So I split my time between working, studying and spending time with my boyfriend, either at my house or his home in Merseyside, UK, and also spending time with my family.

Recently my health has taken a turn for the worse and I put on a considerable amount of weight, so I have decided that it is time for me to try and lose weight.

In April 2016 I started suffering intense pain , after a couple of weeks it was no better so I saw my doctor who said it sounded like Rheumatoid Arthritis and would refer me to Rheumatology. Meanwhile, I had to stop dancing, I'd been dancing for nearly 19 years and taught for 6 years. In June 2016 I saw the Rheumatologist and I found out the doctor misdiagnosed me, I was actually suffering with Fibromyalgia.

So now here I am, not done any form of exercise since April 2016 and my weight has gone from 11st 5lbs up to 13st.

I am still unable to do much exercise but I am hoping that I can lose some weight by just changing to healthy eating.

So that's me, if anybody has any tips they would be muchly appreciated.

Hope to talk to some of you soon
Take Care

DeeMarie :smile:

Replies

• raizelchaya
    raizelchaya Posts: 54 Member
    I don't do a lot of exercise but I have lost weight. I also have injuries and can't do a lot of weight bearing exercise. I do swim about 5 times a week or do water exercises as well as walk. Just limiting calories and staying focused you will lose but you must chart everything you eat. If you don't exercise much I would advise that you put sedentary as your level of activity so that your calorie calculation will be equal to your activity and you will lose and not be discouraged. Also important to read in the Community section all the posts for beginners. Lots of good advise there. Good Luck and you are welcome to friend me. I am serious about this and very motivated and focused.
  • FitnessFairy7284
    FitnessFairy7284 Posts: 14 Member
    Hi DeeMarie. Sounds like you have been going through a difficult time. I joined MFP about 3-4 weeks ago and have found it is so useful. Good luck :)
  • klattykaty
    klattykaty Posts: 18 Member
    Good luck dee maree
  • 2MuchTyme
    2MuchTyme Posts: 129 Member
    Use the diary, use the diary and use the diary! every day! I haven't been physically able to exersise yet and have lost 16,lbs, use the diary