I don't get it

Ashley2733
Ashley2733 Posts: 56 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
I just don't get it. I want to lose weight I really do, yet I find myself eating crap or lots of food I don't need. It's like I don't know what to do with myself if I'm not eating or something. I don't know. I'm 5"5 and 164lbs. I so badly want to lose this weight but I can't seem to stick to everything, I'll work out or take walks for a couple days then quit and I don't even know why, or lll say I don't have time because I work lots of hours, and I'll either eat whatever I want in a day or I'll restrick it to where it feels like I'm starving. Idk. I'm at a loss any input would be nice and appreciated!! Thank you, Ashley

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Log your food. Log your food accurately for a week or two and then think about what you've done. When you do that, the magic happens in your head and you find the path.
  • John1643
    John1643 Posts: 13 Member
    I'm exactly the same way. In order to snap out of it I need to "ground" myself a bit - eliminate decision making and choices. Plan out at least one week, preferably two - every meal, every bit of free time. Plan, prepare and pack every breakfast lunch and dinner. Figure out what you're going to do with each bit of non working time so you aren't going to snack, whether it's go to the gym, go for a hike or focus on a cleaning project in a different room each night that week. If you usually come home and grab a snack and some couch time - don't - immediately grab a water and start on your planned activity. I'll also avoid socializing as much as possible - just too tempting. I find getting super rigid with myself for a bit resets the good habits that started to slip. Just came back from two weeks vacation and while I didn't get too crazy I'm in reset mode myself right now.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I suggest Habit by Duhigg. There's a reason why habits are so hard to redirect. Consider this an exercise in knowing thyself. It can be quite liberating.