I like food :(

Options
I really like food. And as I sit here looking at a plate of steamed broccoli wistfully hoping that a cheese burger will somehow materialize in its place, I realize I could probably use some support. And by support, I mean someone to follow me around and smack food out of my hand.Lol! Seriously though, this whole life style change would probably be easier if I had some people to talk to who know the struggle. So, if you're like me and love food, but are trying to make better choices, add me. I promise I'm not creepy and am sometimes slightly entertaining :)

And if it matters, I'm a 27 year old, 5'7 female and last time I checked my fluffy butt still weighed about 212.

Replies

• Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @xsunshine02x - you are NOT alone. I'm in the same boat
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I LOVE food! It can be fun learning how to find balance,make some substitutions and enjoy treats.
    Have that plate of broccoli- so you have enough calories left to have that cheeseburger for dinner! Or make veggie burgers with the broccoli even!
  • Raptor2763
    Options
    @xsunshine02x - I can't add you from this computer. Can you add me instead?
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I like food too!! What's great about MFP is that you can still eat the foods you love while losing weight. As with everything in life, it's all about balance. Don't try to drastically change your whole life over night. Small changes really do add up. Still eat your broccoli (because that stuff is gooooood!) but find a way to fit your cheeseburger in every now and then too.

Trust me, you can do this!
  • chrmad
    chrmad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love food too!
    Have you considered a low carb high fat diet ?
    You can eat delicious food and lose weigth ( I'm down 52 lbs).
  • Raptor2763
    Options
    @chrmad - mind telling me how you lost those last 4-5 pounds? That's all I have to go, thought I had the solution, then along came Labor Day and *poof*
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm from The SOUTH and you know we loooove some food! I've been LCHF since Aug 1. I've lost 10 pounds and have an incredible amount o f energy! PLUS I don't have inflammation anymore! It's amazing at how cutting carbs and sugar makes you feel!
  • Raptor2763
    Options
    @sherrirollins4 - When I decided to improve my diet, I started by cutting out refined sugar. Makes a world of difference.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yes! Absolutely it does!