C- sections and weight loss

Options
I am 43 and I have had 4 yes count'em 4 C-sections. All of which were vertical incisions. My question is, can you lose the belly fat after that many sections? What exercises would be best to achieve a flatter tummy. Is it too late? Damage already done?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Yes it can be done, but you can't spot reduce. The other issue may be muscle damage from the vertical incision. Get your diet in check, add in resistance/weight training and cardio and it should tighten up.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit is the only way.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Vertical incisions! I didn't know they even did that anymore. My incisions (2 secs. and one vbac) are low and horizontal. I have a pooch that hangs over the scar. Some people say that c-secs are no different than weight gain or regular pregnancy belly, but anecdotally, it seems different to me. However, mine seems to be shrinking with weight loss and I hope pretty soon daylight will be able to get in there. :) If not… well, I guess there's always surgery.
  • rebaisett
    rebaisett Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Sara1791 wrote: »
    Vertical incisions! I didn't know they even did that anymore. My incisions (2 secs. and one vbac) are low and horizontal. I have a pooch that hangs over the scar. Some people say that c-secs are no different than weight gain or regular pregnancy belly, but anecdotally, it seems different to me. However, mine seems to be shrinking with weight loss and I hope pretty soon daylight will be able to get in there. :) If not… well, I guess there's always surgery.
    O girl let me tell ya.... Was 17 years old when I had my first. Doc said I needed an emergency c-section. I asked her why she did it that way, she said that's just how I do it. Wth? So my next child I was trying to do a v-bac but he was having d cells real bad so c-section I go. The next 2 doc said was to risky. So scheduled sections I had. I got screwed with first section :(
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    rebaisett wrote: »
    I got screwed with first section :(

I think it goes that way too often. I thank God for physical and emotional healing because life is too short to dwell. :)<3