Art

Options
shortygirl1987
shortygirl1987 Posts: 229 Member
Who here has a creative side? I like drawing, crafts, pAinting, making things with clay

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I like to decorate cookies. I also sculpt toppers for cakes and cupcakes out of fondant. That's sort of creative in an edible sort of way
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    I like to decorate cookies. I also sculpt toppers for cakes and cupcakes out of fondant. That's sort of creative in an edible sort of way

I like to do that too, I made a cake for an old boss once, made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and drizzles melted vanilla frosting on the edges, I also made a cake and made an edible Viking picture for an ex once
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Options
    I have sold my paintings and have had them on display in an art gallery in Phoenix.

That's been a few years ago. Now I just paint artwork so the walls of our crib aren't blank.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Are you into knitting?

knitting needles won't open that jail cell of yours; sorry, it won't work.
  • synchkat
    Options
    @total_e wrote: »
    I'm just here cause I heard there were cookies.

Oh come on E...I bet you're super artsy
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    I do some woodworking if you count that...but I also would not turn down cookies.
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    Are you into knitting?

Never was really good at that
  • shortygirl1987
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I have sold my paintings and have had them on display in an art gallery in Phoenix.

That's been a few years ago. Now I just paint artwork so the walls of our crib aren't blank.

I've never really sold any of mine, I mostly make them for holiday and birthday gifts
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    I do some woodworking if you count that...but I also would not turn down cookies.

woodworking counts, it darn sure does

one of my prize possessions is a lamp that my father (rip) made in his high school shop class in the 1930's

I had it rewired and use it every day; it really is a piece of art
  • synchkat
    Options
    Are you into knitting?

I decided to take up knitting way back in my teens. I made super long scarves that were curved cause I couldn't keep the tension properly and didn't know how to finish so I kept going. I'm sure my mom still has them somewhere.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I've never really sold any of mine, I mostly make them for holiday and birthday gifts

I just got lucky, that's all.

I had a friend who owned an art gallery here in town and asked me if I would like to display.

... who would say 'no' to that?
  • Caporegiem
    Options

one of my prize possessions is a lamp that my father (rip) made in his high school shop class in the 1930's

I'd like to get into wood turning where I could start making something like that but it's going to require me to build a new shop if I want any new tools.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

I'd like to get into wood turning where I could start making something like that but it's going to require me to build a new shop if I want any new tools.

..... and you need to have the space to do that.

It's a talent, it really is. If you can, have at it. I don't quite have the patience for it.
  • Caporegiem
    Options

..... and you need to have the space to do that.

It's a talent, it really is. If you can, have at it. I don't quite have the patience for it.

Definitely, you get wood shavings everywhere. I have a lathe that was my great grandfathers but I don't have the space and it's pretty old school I don't know how much I trust it.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    ... and what's cool is that you have built something with your own hands that is both unique and useful.

it's a far cry from Ikea

(not a knock on Ikea; it's great for kids' furniture)
  • Caporegiem
    Options
    Definitely, built a set of kitchen cabinets last year and while there's plenty of flaws I know about in them, they're still much better quality that something off the shelf.
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i do arts and crafts
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I choreograph dances. And sometimes the costume design as well.
  • shortygirl1987
    Options

I use a wood burning tool and draw things into wood but that's like the most wood working stuff I do lol
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Are you into knitting?

I decided to take up knitting way back in my teens. I made super long scarves that were curved cause I couldn't keep the tension properly and didn't know how to finish so I kept going. I'm sure my mom still has them somewhere.

I started knitting when I was nine and taught my brother and his friends to knit using pencils as knitting needles. Then in college I knitted hats, various purses, scarves. But, I stopped and don't knit anymore.

I was definitely into drawing and painting in high school and college. But, haven't done it as much lately, but sometimes.