Weight loss Keto plateau????

Options
Has anyone else hit a weight loss plateau on the Keto diet. I have been consistent with my calories and macros. I'm at 2400 calories and a 5/75/20 macro split. I lost 25 lbs since I stared about month and a half ago but I haven't lost anything since August 28. And actually I'm up half a pound. Not sure what to do. I don't know if maybe I need to reduce my calories or what. I just started going back to the gym for weight training. But I hadn't gone to the gym but a few times since I started the Keto diet. Any ideas on how to get past this plateau

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    That's not even 2 weeks. I wouldn't call it a plateau yet, weight fluctuates. You lost 25lbs in what, 6 or 7 weeks? It's normal to have a stall where you don't lose for a while after a loss of such a big amount in such a short amount of time.

Give it time.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I agree. It is just a little over a week that you haven't lost. Weight loss is not linear. I would lose 4 lbs one week, 1 the next and then gain a pound on another week. As long as the overall trend was downwards, I wouldn't sweat it.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Also just starting back to the gym is going to cause some differences too. More than likely it's fluid retention that would mask any loss.

It's also good to revisit your deficit occasionally, I would do it after about a month of no loss though. Adjust accordingly after that. If you're at 2400 now eventually that's going to be closer to your maintenance, and you'll start seeing less of a loss (due to a smaller deficit).