Spiders and exercise lol

Options
Running from a spider! Ya I got my exercise in yesterday after finding a spider in my laundry room! Those little buggers will get you moving. Also I am never doing laundry again! Lol

Replies

• melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You really would get a workout at my house. Tarantulas are a hobby of mine. I have a whole room full of them. :)
  • rebaisett
    rebaisett Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    melodysf10 wrote: »
    You really would get a workout at my house. Tarantulas are a hobby of mine. I have a whole room full of them. :)

Ooooooooo my goodness! Lol
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I got a really good workout yesterday morning............lol...after walking through a thick spider web in my carport!....I'm still freaking out about :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Spiders don't bother me as they eat other nasty insects. The random waterbugs however are a different story.
  • rebaisett
    Options
    Spiders don't bother me as they eat other nasty insects. The random waterbugs however are a different story.

Honestly any bug freaks me out! Lol
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I borrowed a friends carpet shampooer. It stopped sucking up the foam so I took it apart. Probably the biggest spider I have ever seen crawled out of it. Ya, heart attack! Then it went into my kitchen sink.

Needless to say, I am now terrified to go near my sink.
  • rebaisett
    Options
    Cheese and rice!!!! Ya I would have just move lol
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    Having lived in Australia now for 7 years, spiders don't bother me much.

Scorpions, however, still make me nervous.
  • Sara1791
    Sara1791 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Hey, don't you have scorpions where you live? I think that would be a lot worse than the puny lil spiders we get here.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

@melodysf10 Here, too! We have many Ts and a scorpion.

I highly doubt anyone can outrun a gigas or poeci (unless they can teleport!) :smiley:
    Machka9 wrote: »

Yeah, once you've experienced huntsmans.... ;)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options

@melodysf10 Here, too! We have many Ts and a scorpion.

I highly doubt anyone can outrun a gigas or poeci (unless they can teleport!) :smiley:
    Machka9 wrote: »

Yeah, once you've experienced huntsmans.... ;)

They say that huntsman spiders are a leading cause of car accidents here!

• KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    This chain is hilarious - am moving house right now and the cobwebs/spiderwebs ir in our new house are DISGUSTING. Spiders, spiders, spiders. Yick, yick, yick.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    And after a few months of not doing laundry everyone that knows you will be getting their cardio too....escaping. To bad spiders aren't capable of smelling or you might be onto something! :)
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Spiders dont freak me out, after all they eat other insects. Plus, where I live, we have no dangerous / poisonous species. If I see a cockroach though... OMG! I run like there's no tomorrow!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    LOL! Spiders don't bother me, really. I hope they're keeping the mosquitos, moths, and wasps in check.

But I saw a snake on my run yesterday. And I ran a little faster than usual. I do not believe that's a coincidence.
  • Alishia6606
    Alishia6606 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can't do spiders. Our old house had hobo spiders EVERYWHERE! We have found one black widow here and some super yucky looking hairy ones IN my truck. We usually see those when we're driving out of town, and for some reason, they like my side the best.

• robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I love spiders, and snakes both. Gorgeous and interesting creatures, and they eat pests. But running early in the morning often means being the one to clear the sidewalks of eye-level spiderweb, and that I do NOT enjoy. Why do they string webs across the sidewalks?