Calorie Intake

Options
I never figure out my daily caloric intake right so could use some help to help me figure out what it should be for me to consume daily to lose weight. I m a 49 year old female at current weight of 180 pounds. What should my caloric intake daily be ? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Plug your stats into MyFitnessPal, and chose your rate of loss. It'll give you the amount of calories to eat to lose according to that rate.
  • topazgal
    topazgal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Its been so long and forgot how to use this app lol so under where do i put my info?
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    topazgal wrote: »
    Its been so long and forgot how to use this app lol so under where do i put my info?

Under your goals section.
  • topazgal
    Options
    I think i found it but it says 1,200 but i dont think that is calculated correctly.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    use MFP, it'll tell you if you put your stats in
  • topazgal
    Options
    Ok did that but 1,200 doesnt sound right for my info seems kind of low for an 180 pound woman with my age given but okay 1,200 it is then.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    topazgal wrote: »
    Ok did that but 1,200 doesnt sound right for my info seems kind of low for an 180 pound woman with my age given but okay 1,200 it is then.

presumably because you said sedentary and to lose 2lbs per week?
  • stylistchicky
    stylistchicky Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    What is your rate of loss? How active are you? If you workout you get extra calories. I only eat back 150-200 wotkout calories back. *I think* FP over estimates my workouts...others on my friends list has sad the same and also don't eat back all of their calories.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I put in your numbers (guessing 5'5" for height, could be up +-100 if you are much shorter/taller) and came up with 1736 for sedentary. To lose 1 pound a week, subtract 500, so 1236.

If you said you wanted to lose 2 pounds, it would need to be 1736-1000=736 but that is below the minimum of 1200 so it cuts you off there (and you won't really lose 2 pounds a week).
  • topazgal
    Options
    Thank u! Im 5'4 but you were close :)