Considering bringing lunch everyday...what are your go-to (non microwavable) easy lunches?

Replies

• Melysa1988
    Melysa1988 Posts: 81 Member
    Most days I have greek yogurt with granola and strawberries.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Pretty much any protein in a wrap... protein/veggies

Deviled eggs and bacon, with a side of 'maters

Tuna Salad on Wasa Crispbread

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Chicken and chickpea salad with honey mustard dressing: diced grilled chicken thighs, can of chick peas, quinoa, cucumber, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, celery, carrot, baby spinach leaves along with dressing of course. One batch does me five meals - I use for lunches or dinners.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    I always eat lunch at work. I usually take legume salads (I recently found a fantastic curried chickpea salad which I adore: hummusapien.com/curried-chickpea-salad/), quinoa salads with tuna or chicken, tortillas I wrap in the morning before leaving home, usually filled with chicken, lettuce, bell peppers and a tablespoon of yogurt sauce or tahini sauce. I also make some pretty easy turkey sausage egg cups and tuna muffins which are very easy to grab and go.
    Sometimes I even take fish with salad (today I took grilled salmon and a mix of 3 different leaf vegetables salad). The possibilities are countless. Hope I gave you some ideas! :smile:
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I almost never get salads when I go out because I can make them fairly easily at home and they cost a LOT less. I use a spinach base almost exclusively, and then add some of the following: chopped celery, cucumber, grape tomatoes, summer squash, zucchini, broccoli; grated carrot; shredded cheese; raisins, dried cranberries, dates; sunflower seeds. I used to use walnuts or almonds, but sunflower seeds are significantly less expensive and they go well on both savory and sweet salads.

Sometimes I'll top with leftover meat if I have it - steak or pulled pork or chicken or tuna salad.
  • whatatime2befit
    whatatime2befit Posts: 625 Member
    I cook on Sunday's my lunches for the week, so I just grab and go. stirfry, chicken breasts, pork chops etc, and add rice, salad, veggies to it.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Yogurt, cheese, salad, fruit, lean meat, and raw crunchy veggies
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Grilled chicken (cold), low-salt Triscuits, almonds, apple, orange, and raw broccoli/cauliflower.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    A bag of lettuce, can of tuna, wedge of laughing cow cheese, and about a whole yellow/orange pepper and whole cucumber with hot sauce. Mad volume. Little Calories. Basically no prep.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I do salad almost every day. I vary the greens. I live those chopped salad mixes, but they are a little pricey, so I mix them with other greens. Sometimes I make pico to use instead of dressing. Sweet mini peppers are great sliced on top. My protein is usually something leftover from dinner (salmon, taco meat and beans, chicken, etc) or a flavored tuna pouch.
  • mariafassett
    mariafassett Posts: 5 Member
    I love making everything for taco salads throughout the week. I leave everything in their container, then the night before I just prep my salad. Super easy and what's not to love about taco salad.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    I'm currently packing 1 oz cheese, carrot sticks (about 150 g), cherry tomatoes (about 150 g), and two servings of fruit and/or more veggies (varies which kind). I have a box of Triscuits in my office from which I grab 6 crackers to go with the cheese, and I have single serve yogurts in my mini fridge. (If I didn't, one of the fruit servings in my bento would become a yogurt serving.) Super fast and easy to pack. The fruit and/or yogurt often winds up as a midafternoon snack.
  • liz60625
    liz60625 Posts: 17 Member
    I too love a taco salad for lunch. Costco frozen burrito and I add some veggies and a wholly guacamole. Soup that I make on Sunday. I love to grill chicken and onion kebobs, bring one or two and eat with hummus. Default is ham or egg sandwich. Turkey burger that you can hear in microwave.
  • cinnag4225
    cinnag4225 Posts: 126 Member
    Single-serve can of flavored tuna, crackers, cheese (30g) and veggie of choice (I usually go for cucumber). Definitely my favorite meal to go.
  • Dutchy_77
    Dutchy_77 Posts: 1,695 Member
    Chickenbreast sandwitch with lettuce and red unions and yochert dressing(just yoghert with some salt and pepper) and jalapigno
  • coolfry
    coolfry Posts: 48 Member
    Cold pasta is really good, mostly mac & cheese and spaghetti, egg salad with crackers or celery, or leftover taco stuff on a salad
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Leafy salads don't appeal to me at lunchtime so I pack "chunky" salads with chick peas, raw carrots and zucchini, perhaps some cooked veggies like broccoli or grilled peppers, protein (feta or grilled temphe), and nuts and seeds. :)
  • dgjmrhrmh99
    dgjmrhrmh99 Posts: 26 Member
    I bring an avocado and a little bowl of grapes or some type of fruit or a bit of cheese to work..avocados are filling...good fuel and keep you full...not to mention the most delicious food ever (in my opinion) :)
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    1/2 cup of my own mixed nuts/seeds, 1-2 bananas, 2 HB eggs, 1 apple, & a sandwich bag of cucumber & baby carrots.
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    This is my lunch this week, with 100 grams red grapes and 30 grams Triscuit Thins - Sour Creme and Chive flavor.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/pistachio-cinnamon-chicken-salad/