thoughts on "Awareness Alone Is Curative" vs taking "massive action"

In the past I've tried taking "massive action" - a phrase I know Tony Robbins uses. I think Tony has it right, but it gets easily misinterpreted, as I did. I overshot and ultimately failed.

Lately "awareness" is something that seems to make more sense to me or works better for me. I like how Leo Gura frames "massive action" in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy_INVm_Pw0

"More action isn't always the answer, despite what you might hear in self-development circles. In fact neurosis can be defined the excessive use of will, force and action to try to change your own behaviors. and what this leads to is sabotaging patterns where you try to change something."

What do you all think?

Replies

• Jleigh225
    Jleigh225 Posts: 49 Member
    I think its a combination and normally any change requires a combo. I was in psychotherapy for 5 years where I talked tirelessly about the why and source of my issues. A lot of my challenges improved because I was aware of what the problem was and what projection and transferrance look like. However, its very often that people who have trouble making a change are also missing life skills to go along with their new awareness and those need to be learned along with the why for true change to take place in my experience. I think the why is more important to learn first and the skills should come second rather than the other way around.