feeling super alone...

Options
13»

Replies

• 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Obviously your ex had more insecurities than he could handle and that's why he left. It hurts now but you'll get over him and find someone who is worthy of you. You have to work on yourself first. If those around you can't handle the changes then that's their problem, not yours!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    If he was insecure enough in your relationship, and not willing to work to make things better in that aspect, then there would have likely been something else down the line that caused it. While relationships are important, you are the most important person to you.
    Even in a relationship you both should be whole happy people, better and stronger together, but able to be your own person. Go be your better person, you deserve it for you.
  • Annxoj
    Annxoj Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can definitely understand why you feel so alone and I get it 100% but sometimes you just have to make decisions that are best for you.. Sometimes in a relationship we tend to forget about ourselves and become so caught in our day to day work to home then chores and cooking or whatever it may be and by the times we get a chance to look down....... WOW 30 pounds heavier or 50 But the bright side is your one of the strong ones who have decided to better their life and you have done so much so far and I must say wow and CONGRATS it isn't as easy as people make it look to lose wieght and have a hectic schedule I can only imagine being a mom as well how difficult it can get but again congrats and your doing absolutely wonderful keep up the good work and I hope to be achieving as much as you have (I have no excuses lol no kids)

And as a little message .. losing someone in a relationship can be hard but if he wasn't willing to stand by you to make a decision to be a healthier you which is for the better in the long term as well as just feeling "attractive" and having a rocking body.. Then your better off doing it all on your own !!! YOU ARE AMAZING Don't worry about it you have your kiddos who will always be there through thick and thin ! Goodluck :)
    :wink:
  • Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Must be in the water! I just broke up with mine too. Because I figured out he was playing me. Many think I am crazy for wanting to stay friends with him. But he is going through something that I do believe in my heart he needs to know there are people out there that care and love him. It is going to take me a moment to get to a place where I don't think of how he did me wrong.

I will say that breaking up is hard and it sucks. But I know that if I keep moving towards the better me, it will make it easier.

I remember my EX husband asking the doctor when I was pregnant is she going to get much bigger than this. I was about 5 months along. The doctor was like she better..she has a baby in there. Needless to say we all know why he is my EX now.

Take care of you. Enjoy those little boys because they do grow up before you know it. It will be okay and you will have to figure out if you want him back if he comes back. If not move on..you will be surprised as your confidence grows who will pick up on it.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I learned one of the most important lessons in life from my Economics class in college... SUNK COSTS DON'T COUNT! :wink:

The example my professor gave was this... A student of his approached him and said she was in an abusive relationship and didn't know what to do. She had been with her partner for five years and felt like she had invested so much time and energy into this relationship that she didn't want to leave. But at the same time, her partner was abusive and she was miserable. So my professor said, "Sunk costs don't count. Yes, you've invested five years of your life in this relationship. But you're not happy and chances are if you stayed in this relationship, you'd continue to be miserable and depressed. You can't take back the last five years. That's what we call your 'sunk costs.' It's already happened. We can't change that. But you can change today and tomorrow. So don't let yesterday determine how happy you are today because you can't change yesterday."

Sunk costs don't count. Don't let what happened yesterday determine your today and tomorrow. :wink:

P.S. You can do it! If you're feeling lonely, pick up a new hobby or join a local exercise group (like running or Zumba!). I'm always more motivated to get out and exercise when I'm doing it with other people.

brilliant! change is hard but worth it! A life lesson worth learning!
    Good luck with your change, we all have been there. Not easy but worth it!
  • Thokiz
    Thokiz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Something I've realized:

Loneliness tends to creep in late at night, after the kids have gone to bed & everything is quite. It only lasts for a couple of hours, occasionally interfering with my sleep.

The Misery I had from being in a bad relationship tended to occupy my every waking thought, overall family happiness & health.

Life's not Great, but I'll take Good over Misrable any day. :)
  • TheExquisiteAuren
    Options
    I'm sorry :( It's always the hardest when it's someone we care about holding us back. Add me if you want, I like hearing from new people and I'm more than willing to be a member of your support group!
  • SarLem81
    SarLem81 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry he left you. That's the dumbest reason for him to leave, but the simple fact that he did says more about him than it does about you. Just keep pushing through! I'm sure your children will appreciate it in the long run (if they don't already), and you'll find yourself a man who isn't too insecure to handle a strong woman who knows how to take care of her kids AND herself.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Husband has seen me skinner and fatter and rinse repeat, rinse repeat.. over and over.

Please talk to anyone here if you need to. I'm here for you too.. talk anytime.