Hello! ^-^

Options
Hello everyone! :)

My name is Kerstan and while I'm not new to fitness, I'm new to the FitnessPal community. I'm 23, 5'7, and I weigh 170lbs *sniffles*. My 'normal' weight is lean at 130lbs, but due to having a baby 2 months ago, I'm left with all this extra weight. It's so different. I can't even run or jog like I used to ( takes so much more effort ). Anywho, I plan to incorporate HIIT and strength/weight training into my routine ( I've weight trained on-and-off I'm the past ), but was curious about a good workout routine for beginners ( admittedly, I was very lazy during the pregnancy and after ). This past Wednesday and Thursday I did interval jogging and walking for 30 minutes each day. Wednesday I also did a very mini 3 minute HIIT type workout consisting of 50 squats with a 10lb dumbbell, 30 second plank, and I think 20-30 pushups ( probably 20 because omg the paaaaain LOL ). I realize this is nothing lol. Today, my body is very sore, especially my shins ( I think I may have shin splints? ). I haven't exercised today because I'm unsure if I should. :/

What would you guys recommend for somebody just starting back out? I've never been this out of shape in my LIFE. :'O

P.S. -- I'm very excited to meet all of you and I cannot wait to see where this goes. ^-^ I really need the support! Also, I reside in southern Indiana, in case this is relevant for anyone. ;)

Replies

• KristiM1109
    KristiM1109 Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hello. Would like to get to know you. Friend me if you can. We have some things in common.
  • KeraKrush
    KeraKrush Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. Would like to get to know you. Friend me if you can. We have some things in common.

Awesome! I'm having a hard time finding how to add you. :no_mouth: