gaining weight on a vegetarian/ mostly vegan diet?

Options
looking for ways to gain weight on a plant based diet

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • kayaaaaaaaaa
    kayaaaaaaaaa Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I found it super easy to put on weight buy eating bread with at least 2 meals a day or as a snack, also any unhealthy vegan snacks, pesto !! Maybe eat an early dinner and a late dinner and drink more fruit juice when your thirsty to get more calories in
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on anything (apples, celery sticks, bread)
    Almond or other nut butters on anything
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Oreos
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Dates..... Dipped into almond butter. There's your solution lol
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    As others have mentioned, there are a ton of calorie dense veg-friendly foods. Nut butters definitely come to mind but a lot of veg recipes use nuts in them, such as creamy cashew sauce for curries or pasta, nuts in a lentil loaf for texture, bean and nut burger patties, etc.

Dried fruits can add up pretty quickly, as would any sort of vegan ice cream or other dessert.

If I was struggling to eat enough, I would probably just add an extra tbsp of oil to whatever I was cooking throughout the day.
  • Adriana_1226
    Adriana_1226 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I know it can be done because I'm constantly watching vegan bodybuilders and powerlifters to see what they eat. I'm focusing on just eating a little more of what myfitnesspal says to try to gain weight. Count your calories. Make sure to check everyday how much more you need to reach your goal as far as calories goes. Always have a snack. And eating calorie dense foods like the above members mentioned is what I've been trying to do. Nuts are really great (30 grams of Walnuts is 200 calories right there). Avocados, nuts, mangoes, pasta, rice, and potatoes all have a good amount of calories. Oh and bread!