My husband had a major heart attack!

Options
13»

Replies

• GetFitKTB
    GetFitKTB Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    There is actually not any good evidence that weight loss reduces the chance of heart attacks or longevity as per the most recent research.

This is why one should never ever, under any circumstance what-so-ever, take medical advice from a person on a message board.
  • rodeothedog
    rodeothedog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this post in awhile and I don't take people's opinions personally, if you think I am back stabbing my husband that is perfectly fine.
    I do nothing without research so I know that being within a healthy weight in beneficiAl in many aspects of your life. As a Hospice nurse I see people of all ages regret not taking care of there health.
    In my previous post I congratulated my husband in his success and was thankful he was here.
    I was only being honest with how I felt and my struggles. My husband knows exactly how feel and he knows himself that losing weight will help him stay with his family longer. A heart attack affects every part of your life so please bear in mind we are all human and can be more understanding.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    He is alive and well......not really well but alive. A quick 411. Was over weight, family history, poor eater, high blood pressure and big time smoker...hence window maker heart attack. He survived and quit smoking.

Now what I need.

Is there anybody out there that has a husband, boyfriend, partner who doesn't want to get healthy while you do?

Is there anybody out there that is with someone who has a chronic disease or is sick?

Is there anyone out there that is married to someone much older than you? ( hubby is 9 years older)

I feel the last 9 months have been about his health. His heart attack has caused so many other medical issues such as depression, tired, decreased closeness etc I feel consumed with worry over his health that mine takes a back burner. I am exhausted and scared all the time. I am proud he doesn't smoke but dieting is super hard. Also I feel extremely guilty that I think he is getting , "old" and I still feel young and active. ( I feel like a horrible person just typing that)

I just need support from people that are trying to better themselves while going through some life issues.

My husband has multiple chronic condition suffered a major heart attack at age 59 had triple bypass 4 years ago, is 5 years older and he is now 74
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this post in awhile and I don't take people's opinions personally, if you think I am back stabbing my husband that is perfectly fine.
    I do nothing without research so I know that being within a healthy weight in beneficiAl in many aspects of your life. As a Hospice nurse I see people of all ages regret not taking care of there health.
    In my previous post I congratulated my husband in his success and was thankful he was here.
    I was only being honest with how I felt and my struggles. My husband knows exactly how feel and he knows himself that losing weight will help him stay with his family longer. A heart attack affects every part of your life so please bear in mind we are all human and can be more understanding.

How's it going now, for you and your husband?

• rodeothedog
    rodeothedog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I don't believe that bad food and over eating causes heart attacks. But it is true that people that have bad habits have other comorbities. There are so many factors.
    Genetics, weight, age, sex, etc. I am 40 lost 35 pounds and they put me on water pill for elevated BP.

Update: my husband lost 11 pounds in 5 months and has gained it and more back by just sneaking food at night. Positives he is walking and doing so with his own decision making. He eats more salads. It is very hard for him. He went back to a job were he is on call all winter. He is going to counseling. So he is making steps towards being a healthier happier person.