Struggling to lose the last 10

Options
Currently 5'6 and 140 but the last 10 have been so persistent! I'm a sporty/athletic frame but looking for a slimmer/leaner look. My current calorie goal is 1200 but I usually range from 1200-1500 with occasional 1600 on long study days. Any help with diet and exercise would be appreciated!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Log accurately, honestly and consistently.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Make sure you weigh everything that isn't a liquid.
  • MamaMenorca
    MamaMenorca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How long has the journey been? Last 10lbs from how much? The less you have to loose the harder and slower it is. Mix up your workout if you haven't changed around for a while. You need to shock the body. Try HIIT workouts and adding more weight to your strength training or find new exercises. You may not be eating enough. 1200 is rather low, like the lowest you should ever go. You could also mix this up... do a day at 1200 then really up it the next day to 1700-1800, then do a day or two at 1500, then back down to 1200. Always follow a low day with a high day and a few moderate in between. This will also shock your system.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    How long has the journey been? Last 10lbs from how much? The less you have to loose the harder and slower it is. Mix up your workout if you haven't changed around for a while. You need to shock the body. Try HIIT workouts and adding more weight to your strength training or find new exercises. You may not be eating enough. 1200 is rather low, like the lowest you should ever go. You could also mix this up... do a day at 1200 then really up it the next day to 1700-1800, then do a day or two at 1500, then back down to 1200. Always follow a low day with a high day and a few moderate in between. This will also shock your system.

OP there is no shocking of the body. And this calorie cycling mentioned is totally not necessary. I do agree with keeping your exercise from becoming stale or body adapted, but this is true of any one exercising.

All you need is to stick to your calories, I assume that going up to 1500 is including eat back your exercise calories? Keep doing this. The leaner a person is or moreover only have 10 pounds or less to lose it is gonna be a little slower or seem that way.

Get your weighing of food and logging accuracy down to an art. Stick to your calorie goal and have patience and a realistic time frame.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    friends12 wrote: »
    Any help with diet and exercise would be appreciated!

Be careful with your diet, log accurately and completely.
    Do exercise you enjoy. Both cardio and strength training is optimal.

"Shock your body" is just woo, if you have a calorie deficit over time you will lose weight.
    Losing the last 10lbs slowly isn't a bad thing.