Making Changes

amurf
amurf Posts: 1 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone! :smile: I'm new here and to be honest am not looking forward to getting started! My past experiences with losing weight didn't work, and have left me feeling more down on myself. I am really hoping that the food journal is going to be a big help - I have a feeling I am consuming far, far more calories than I think!! Even though getting started seems daunting, I'm ready to find my body and hopefully find myself in the process!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    log your food so you know how much you are putting in, exercise, and lots of support here, add me as a friend if you want someone for support
    Set small goals and you can do it.
  • sbarham
    sbarham Posts: 44 Member
    Welcome aboard!!! Consistency is the most important! I don't think anyone does it perfect, but we just keep trying. One of the most important things I've learned is that if I "fall off" the wagon, to get IMMEDIATELY back on, like within a day at the most. Logging your food will most definitely be helpful. It was eye-opening for me! Anyway, good luck and stay connected! Add friends and find accountability and encouragement!
  • LainMac
    LainMac Posts: 412 Member
    I'm a newby too. Six days of trying to log ever last thing has been enlightening. If you've had problems in the past, how about just being honest about what you ate for a week or so. Then see where you can tweak things for the better. Even if you fall off the wagon a million times, if you get up a million and one times, then you're still ahead.
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP! The fact that you joined is awesome! I just joined yesterday. I think this place is fantastic. There is so much support and help here so if you need it just ask! Like others have said, tracking your food is a really awesome tool and might be a real eye opener for you. I wish you the best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.