Hello everyone.

Options
My name is Destiny and it is time for my change. I am undergoing both a PHYSICAL change, as well as MENTAL.
I have been a huge pushover for a lot of my life and have trouble saying "no" to strangers, friends, and family. This also affects my ability to eat right.

Many times in the past that I've started eating right, some people would say "You're not eating enough!" "I'm worried about you" etc. Or they would absolutely refuse to eat unless I ate with them.
I'm done with letting others affect my need/will to change. Absolutely done with it. I'm fed up, and I'm ready to make the change that I have always wanted.

Thank you for listening.

Replies

• KayaVice
    KayaVice Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Making a change is a scary thing. Just surround yourself with information about eating healthy instead of listening to misinformed people that can harm you with incorrect diet information. You can do it! Feel free to add me if you wish! I wish you good luck in your journey to better health!
  • harmoniaxx
    harmoniaxx Posts: 10
    Options
    It is scary. I grew up in the south and the people in the south from where I'm from are mostly the ones I refer to. I LOVE them to pieces, but as you know, the culture is very much all about food. Their motto is that if you're "skinny", you're not healthy =p. Love them to pieces though, just wish I could change the culture at times.
    And you are so right. Knowledge is everything. Thank you for the helping hand and I look forward to getting to know you and everyone else around these parts.
  • briersting
    briersting Posts: 21
    Options
    At least you faced your fear and have decided to make the change. Way to go! Make your eating and workouts nonnegotiable. Doesn't matter what's going on, I make sure that I'm able to get in my exercise and healthy eating. I'm not as regimented with it now, but when I first started this journey, I had a strict daily routine with food and exercise that I followed to the letter. My friends and family were very understanding and worked around me. I have a better handle on the weight loss now so I'm not as inflexible with it. Congratulations on making the change, and I wish you all the best on your journey. Feel free to add me.