Just starting over.

I am 31 years old and about to be a new dad in a little less than a month. The impending arrival of my new daughter has been incredible motivation for me to try and get many things in order including my health. I have had several successes with weight loss in the past, but am very near my highest weight ever at the moment. When I was 22 I dropped from 280lbs down to 210. When I was 27 I dropped from 320lbs down to 260, but then broke my ankle.

I have just started to make use of all the wonderful tools that technology has made available. In my current fitness plan I have tried to start running again. That was how I lost all my weight in the past. I am currently doing intervals of jogging 1 min and walking 2. I have also started DDP Yoga. I have been working out with this new regime for about 10 days now and I really feel like I have some momentum going.

I am not sure how the social aspects of this site work, but I am open to making new friends and sharing the triumphs and trials of those that are like me trying to get fit.

Replies

• briersting
    briersting Posts: 21
    Congratulations on the baby. That's always a great motivator. I'm new here and have met wonderful encouraging people. We're all in the same boat...trying to make changes for the better. Any way that I can support and encourage I totally will. Good luck on your journey.