Hello everyone!

Hi. I've been lurking on MFP for a while now, and thought it was about time I introduced myself. :)

I'll start by saying I'm a British guy who moved to the US through work in October '99, and decided to obtain American citizenship in 2013. After having a slim build all of my life, age combined with years of an unhealthy lifestyle finally caught up with me, and in November 2015 I tipped the scales at 184 lbs. That's the heaviest I've ever been (I'm 5' 10", for reference).

For the sake of my health and my family, I decided to kick my heavy drinking habit, and get out and walk more. Fast forward to June, and I was walking over 10 miles per day and had surpassed my goal weight of 160 lbs. I felt good, so good in fact that it was time to step things up a bit. So I started to run.

As of now, I'm running 10 miles, three times per week, and walking 11 miles two times per week (weekends are my lazy days). My new goal is to extend my runs to half-marathons...no real reason why, other than because I just know I can do it. I'm within a few pounds of 150 lbs, which will be the leanest I've been in a couple of decades, and I feel absolutely fantastic.

So why am I here on MFP? Well I use it to keep a general eye on what I'm eating, but the main benefit I get is reading this forum and being inspired by other people's successes. Reading about the challenges that others are persevering through is what helps me to keep pushing at mine. And for that, I want to say a genuine thank you to those that have posted with openness, candidness, and honesty. You're a true inspiration.

And now that I've said hello, I'll go back to lurking again. ;)