I'm stuck?

Options
I need some advice on what's the healthy way to lose weight ? I'm so confused and feel a lil stupid right now and embarrassed because I don't know a lot about fitness and question myself about asking because some people on here can come on strong and be rude . Please comment only if you want to help thank you I'm just trying to reach my goals and live a healthy life style the right way .

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    To lose weight you have to be in a calorie deficit. It is that simple. Put your stats into MfP, chose a reasonable weight loss goal, follow the calorie recommendation.
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My biggest suggestions are to open your diary, log EVERYTHING after weighing it with a food scale, don't attempt to lose too aggressively, and be patient!
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    If you want to add me I'm always looking for more people with similar goals to connect with. I'm 20lbs from goal weight now and trying to focus more on fitness and getting toned.

I do Insanity Max30 4-6 days a week, track my steps, and eat only at a small deficit. If I can do this so can you.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    What they said. Calorie deficit for weight loss, exercise for fitness. You can lose weight without doing any exercise, but it will help you be healthier and more fit.

Read the stickies, there's a lot of helpful advice there and good luck on your journey :)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Yep, read through the threads that are linked in the "useful threads" (or something like that) post at the top of the forum. They are very helpful.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    The only question you should be embarrassed about is one you never ask. :)

The healthy way to lose weight is through a calorie deficit. The healthy way to get fit is through various training. You can do both at once if desired, with many differing methods and options along the way.

Don't worry about the people that will be rude, and just remember it doesn't have to be complex at all. Eat less and move more gives you the basics you need for both weight loss and fitness improvements.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you've experiences rudeness here - there are many that like to appear 'high and mighty' and 'in the know' - Please take no notice. There is nothing stupid about your question :)

A healthy way to lose weight is primarily about fuelling your body sufficiently whilst not giving it too much. To simplify, knowing how many calories your body requires to lose weight and eating to that number. If you plug your weight and height in to the MFP app, you'll be given your daily calorie goal.

Exercise is always a plus - it keeps the heart healthy and of course burns calories (which can also allow a higher daily allowance = more food!). It isn't essential to work-out but I've found it really helps with the mental aspect of 'getting healthy'. It doesn't have to be anything crazy.. Walking more is a great start.

It doesn't have to be complicated, I promise. Don't worry about talks of 'Macros' and carbs and fats etc. That can really confuse the whole process if you are new to this. You'll get the hang of it :)
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You just need to be in a calorie deficit. You have to eat less than what your body burns. I've lost 70.2 lbs and I have not exercised at all. I just eat smaller portions and I've lost it in exactly 1 yr.