1200 calories too hard!

Options
2»

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 but I was hungry and thought about food all the time. For me, this is my life now. Before; I was eating when I wasn't hungry, I thought about food too much. After doing a lot of research and reading these forums; I decided to up my calories, slowly to sedentary TDEE-20% and eat back exercise calories. I rarely eat to my goal amount of calories because I'm satisfied.

I have had a lot success so far, I'm a 45 year old 5'5 woman, I went from 198 to 173 since May 2. Before MFP, I thought I was at that age where I would have to fight hard to lose weight. I used to feel hungry all the time, but that is going away too.

We can all tell you what works for us, but every body is different. Your best bet is to research and try to figure out what works for your body.

P.S. I eat chocolate several times a week; Lindt Excellence sea salt dark chocolate and coconut dark chocolate are my favorites.
  • mimieon
    mimieon Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I think hearing from you all has been really helpful. I think I will up my calorie level a bit and focus more on eating healthy, rather than less. I am and have always been a chocolate addict. So eating 50gms a day is as low as I can go at the moment. I do have more to lose than what I've stated but I changed it in the hope that having smaller goals might not be so mentally challenging. I'll change it - it's not helping me to ignote the painful truth... :):)

50 grams of chocolate should be a bit less than 300 calories so you should be able to fit that in, especially if you up your calories to suit your goals better as some people mentioned before. Just be sure to for the rest eat nutrient dense food. You can try to decrease your chocolate with for instance 1 gram every two days (use a good digital scale :p), the difference will be supersubtle and slowly you will get used to less chocolate.
  • ne14fitness
    Options
    Good tip!