No more excuses. I HAVE to do this.

Options
2»

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hello! fell free to add me. Just remember to take small steps. You didn't put it all on at one time so it's not going to fall off all at once. I had to remind myself of that when I first started. I was always looking for fast results and then would get discouraged when it didn't happen. I have learned to be patient. You can do it!!
  • shrimpydoo
    shrimpydoo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. I'm very motivated to make my goal this time and stay there. I've been on this new lifestyle journey since January 30th and am consistently losing. Two things that I had to incorporate were: 1) breakfast. A must. 2) not to get discouraged when my weight loss did not reflect my efforts. I found that by being consistent and continually tracking, making good choices, and maintaining my activity level, the weight loss was just around the next corner. IT's slow, yes, but it's working.

Also I must say that I too love to cook. I live to cook and try new recipes. You know, MFP makes this even more fun because I use the recipe feature to calculate the nutritional value of new recipes before I make them and it helps me determine in advance what my portion size will be, whether I might like to adjust the ingredients (like add more veggies/less fat, etc), or perhaps it might influence me to not bother making a recipe after all.

Good luck. This is a great site.
  • jenijen25
    jenijen25 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    thankyou for sharing your story I really can relate when it comes to clothes that's one of the reasons I decided enough was enough all my friends had the latest trends and whatever fashion statement was out for whatever season and I just had to hope there was something on the hanger with a size 22 I didn't look at something and think that's nice il buy it I scrolled right to the back of the hangers to make sure there was a size 22 it was horrible me and my boyfriend would go in to town and he would be urging me to go in to stores where I knew clothes wouldn't fit me he didn't realize this was the reason he thought I just didn't want him to treat me to something nice I ended up breaking down and screaming im too fat too shop there and I also had a miscarriage but I have a little girl of 5 we want a brother or sister for her but I want to make sure im in the best health because im scared after going through what I did but I have come along way im not 100 percent there I have a lot more energy and I can run around after my little girl more :) feel free to add me il be happy to encourage you and support you along your journey you can do it just want to share a quote with you it really inspired me just when the caterpillar thought the world was over it became a beautiful butterfly :)
  • SteviMcEwan
    Options
    Thank you so much. I am very motivated this time :) and i know i have a great support system this time. X