Marathon runners

Options
Looking for more friends that are training this fall for a spring marathon for motivation and support ! Doing the Austin marathon in February, 2017....new runner friends would be appreciated, feel free to add me !

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the Long Distance Runners group?
  • marikaCL
    marikaCL Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi.

Feel free to add me if you like.

Been running for a few years and am working towards a Marathon this year and two big ultras next year.
  • stingrayinfl
    stingrayinfl Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    please feel free to add me.I have marathons and ultras under my belt and I did not start until I was 55. It is a great community! Am excited for you! Wooo!!!
  • Medwardsx
    Medwardsx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! Good luck with your training! I am a month from running the Chicago Marathon. I started running last October, and have come to really like it! Add if you'd like!

Good luck! Happy Running!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I will start training this fall for the Boston Marathon in April 2017 (assuming I get in this week!). It will be my 5th marathon and my first time running Boston. Feel free to add me. And, as @dewd2 said, definitely check out the Long Distance runners group. Lots of experienced runners and good information there.
  • dbah2012
    dbah2012 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Medwardsx wrote: »
    Hi! Good luck with your training! I am a month from running the Chicago Marathon. I started running last October, and have come to really like it! Add if you'd like!

Good luck! Happy Running!

Just curious as to how your qualified for the Chicago Marathon. Did you apply through the lottery? I am looking to do it next year.

• pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'm running one in April 2017 and the Marine Corps in October 2017.
  • Runningman_78
    Runningman_78 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, did my first marathon in June and looking to extend out to Ultras once I have a few more under my belt.