Someone finally noticed!

MerinneW
MerinneW Posts: 71 Member
I only started on MFP when I was 11 stone (154lb), but that was after I had come down from 11 stone 7 (161). Since joining MFP I have lost another 4 lb, but due to bad behaviour I have not moved for a long time and was feeling pretty discouraged. BUT THEN....

On Saturday I went to a barbecue (the torture!!! Why is summer nothing but barbecues???) and saw a friend I haven't seen in a long time. He double-took when he saw me and said "you're looking very slim, are you on some kind of diet?" Why, YES, friend, yes I am. :D

Made it SO much easier to resist wading into the French bread at the barbecue, and gave me a little spring to my step for the rest of the weekend. Did my full 40 minutes at the gym this morning, and have a whole new enthusiasm for this losing weight millarkey. A little compliment can make all the difference! Compliment your friends today! :P

Replies

• LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    It is always nice when people notice. I am now at the point where people are calling me thin, which is bull****, but it is still nice.
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Thats great - and awesome job so far!
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Absolutely!!! Keep up the great work. Compliments are very motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!