is Almond milk better with or without vanilla?

Options
2»

Replies

• mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    unsweetened plain. if i want some other flavor, i'll add it myself. more versatile this way.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    I've never had almond milk with vanilla. But it takes great just plain! :) Much, much better than real milk.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    vanilla is 10x better in my opinion
  • AlabamaMama224
    AlabamaMama224 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I like the sweetened vanilla almond milk, but again too expensive here as a sole source of milk, plus it has pretty much the same amount of calories as cows milk but minus the protein..
    tapwaters wrote: »
    Oh and at $3.80 for 1 *kitten* Litre of Almond milk, i couldn't afford to solely drink it anyway.

http://www.mercyforanimals.org/congressional-disagreement-exposes-true-cost-of-milk

Is this some type of graphic cruelty site?? Please let me know before i click on it...

I clicked on it for you.... It's just an article about the subsidies the milk industry gets here in the states. Nothing graphic.
  • olymp1a
    olymp1a Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I drink both. But vanilla is like a "treat" for me as it has more sugar than unsweetened / unflavored one.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I've never had almond milk with vanilla. But it takes great just plain! :) Much, much better than real milk.

This is what I drink ... and it is really quite sweet. Surprisingly sweet. Very nice flavour. :)

Maybe that's because I find real milk to taste very sour with an awful aftertaste ... so comparing the two, unsweetened almond milk is a pleasure to drink.

779134.jpg
  • Deoxzi
    Deoxzi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    olymp1a wrote: »
    I drink both. But vanilla is like a "treat" for me as it has more sugar than unsweetened / unflavored one.
    What brand do you buy because the unsweetened vanilla over here has no sugar.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Drends on what I'm using for it. I don't drink it plain, and with some recipes the vanilla just doesn't quite work. I buy both, since I like the vanilla for cereals and smoothies.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I prefer unsweetened but mostly because it has the same benefit without as much calories and sugar.
  • Deoxzi
    Deoxzi Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I prefer unsweetened but mostly because it has the same benefit without as much calories and sugar.

What brand do you buy? Because the unsweetened vanilla over here has no sugar and the same amount of calories.
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I usually get Original Silk Almond Milk. I don't like chocolate or vanilla because I don't like to alter the flavor of whatever I'm making with it. I don't want vanilla mac and cheese, ya know?
    It's just the closest to cow's milk, so I prefer that.
  • dothefreddy
    dothefreddy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm a heathen and prefer the sweetened vanilla. I tried to like unsweetened, plain or vanilla, but I couldn't do it. Just didn't taste good to me.
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    outside of lacto intolerance reasons (which I get) or possibly a vegan (I get that too) why do y'all like almond milk? Not trying to start a debate just trying to understand rationale for why you use it?
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Unsweetened vanilla, i cant handle plain Almond. I only use Almond milk mixed with regular milk, i cant drink any variety straight :confounded:

Do you not like the way it tastes? It just tastes like water to me. The only reason I use it instead of water is that it does at least give some texture to a shake.

I don't like the way it tastes. It's like water with a slight taste of something lol I only use it to cut down on calories and to reduce my cows milk consumption (i drink a lot), as it messes with my skin if i drink too much. I just make a mix of 200ml normal milk and 350ml vanilla almond milk every morning and use that in my cuppas throughout the day, it took me ages to get used to it though.

wow what a great idea. I would probably drink/cook with a gallon of milk a day but ugh on the calories and messes with my skin too. for sure doing this thanks!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    i dont drink it because i love cow milk... but i use it to make chia pudding or smoothies and need to it to be vanilla.. and usually sweetened.