Long road ahead

Options
I have tried everything from fad diets to weight loss surgery. Nothing has worked, so I'm trying a different approach: the right way. I need help, so I'm hoping to find people who are going through or have gone through this weight loss journey who can help guide me through this. Please add me, I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Replies

• JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Lift weights, walk 30 mins a day (start running when you can) and meal prep. Find a good routine, and stick with it until it becomes your new way of life. Not a diet. Gallon a water a day for me.
  • ltlriver
    ltlriver Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    High protein no carbs works brilliantly n permanently - of course it's not REALLY NO carbs because there IS carbohydrate in green veg and fruit n salad anyway! But it's wonderful!
  • Biggirlondiet
    Biggirlondiet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your advice! I'll definitely give it a shot.
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have tried everything from fad diets to weight loss surgery. Nothing has worked, so I'm trying a different approach: the right way. I need help, so I'm hoping to find people who are going through or have gone through this weight loss journey who can help guide me through this. Please add me, I'm going to need all the help I can get!

Focus on the carbs, avoid simple carbs and only have complex carbs (veggies and fruit).
    I've been there and I can help you with any question but you need to have the mindset to change your food choices, to accept to change.

I also have a forum at the "Low Carber Daily Forum....The LCD Group" where we are working on losing weight before Christmas, we focus on low carb diet, you're very welcome to join us :)
    (PS: I'm a member in the group not an admin)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10452580/before-christmas-2016/p1
  • Biggirlondiet
    Biggirlondiet Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    If you're planning on building muscle I'd honestly keep a 1/2 cup of brown rice, and 1/2 cup of oatmeal to help deliver the protein. Find what works for you though. Nothing is truly a one size fits all.