can tea count as liquid (water)?

Options
Evamutt
Evamutt Posts: 2,340 Member
I drink 2-4 cups of tea a day. It's combo of green & passion tea. I don't add anything to it. Is that separate from water? I also drink aloe vera juice

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    I add my tea (and coffee) separate from my water. Opinions differ, but if you're adding no milk or sugar to the tea, it is almost the same as water and makes no difference calorie-wise. Therefore add it all in one place if that's easier for you.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    For non sweetened tea, it's basically nutritionally the same as water with some caffeine in there, so yea you'd probably be just fine counting it as water.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's water.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If it is caffeine free I count it as water. Caffeine is a diuretic and dehydrates you.

Passion tea alone has no caffeine.
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Coffee, soda, tea, water, it's all liquid.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Flavored water is still water. Tea is only water with a little flavor. It doesn't stop being water just because you flavored it. Don't try and make things more complicated than they need to be.
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If it is caffeine free I count it as water. Caffeine is a diuretic and dehydrates you.

You have to consume a lot of caffeine for it to be a diuretic, much more than a few cups of coffee or tea.

That's good to know.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

You have to consume a lot of caffeine for it to be a diuretic, much more than a few cups of coffee or tea.

That's good to know.

I purposely try to lose water weight and it takes a multiple doses of 2 caffeine pills to do anything.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    it's decaff green tea, i drink/log coffee separate. i haven't been logging the tea so it looks like i don't drink enough water, so thank you all for the info
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    You have water, you put something else in it. It's still water, just with something else extra.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink around 3L of (black) tea with milk everyday, and my body doesn't treat it the same as plain water. If i just drink tea and no water the scale slows down and i can feel water retention in my ankles and calves and my rings feel tighter. If i however drink a decent amount of water alongside my tea every thing runs well.

OP neither of those teas you mentioned contain caffeine, right? So yes, i would count those as water.