Detox drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Mfp has told me to eat 1200 calories a day.....So many judgemental people on here!!

No one is being judgemental. You are not eating enough.
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I put all my details into my fitness pal....I want to lose 2 lb a week.....2 stone in total and THEY have worked it out that I need to eat 1200 a day!!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I put all my details into my fitness pal....I want to lose 2 lb a week.....2 stone in total and THEY have worked it out that I need to eat 1200 a day!!!

Yes so why did you say eat under 1200?
  • DaisyChain80
    Options
    I obviously didn't realise I did!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I am quite petite I'm 5ft @TeaBea

Yes - you are petite. But your chosen weekly weight loss goal drives the deficit. If you choose to lose 2 pounds a week, MFP gives you a 1,000 calorie deficit (with zero exercise factored in) .......and bottoms out at 1200.

Because you are only 5' tall, you won't get a very big number even if your weekly goal is a modest one. But 1200+exercise is a goal to MEET

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • JDixon852019
    JDixon852019 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You said you were going to eat under 1200 that is why everyone is freaking out. 1200 is fine, if you go under you are just begging to get sick/go on binges.

It may feel like people are attacking you, know that they are not. The anger is aimed at the Diet Industry, not you personally.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I obviously didn't realise I did!!
    Thanks for the advice...drink plenty of water, work out & eat under 1200 calories a day......hope it works

K.
  • DaisyChain80
    Options
    I'm new to this...I'm sure I will make some mistakes but I will learn along the way.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

With less than 30 lbs to lose, an appropriate goal is 1 lb/ week as @TeaBea posted above.

1200 is the default minimum calorie goal and especially for petite women, likely the recommendation you are going to get from MFP even if you change to a goal of 1 lb/week. That said, that is the Non Exercise calorie goal, which means if you do exercise, you should be eating a portion of those calories back so that you are NETTING 1200 cals.

For what it's worth, I'm petite (5'2) and lost about the same amount of weight (30 lbs) eating b/w 1600-1900 cals.

You don't need detox drinks, green tea, or anything else. Like I mentioned in your other thread, you need a calorie deficit. The best way to achieve that is through an understanding of your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and accurate logging to ensure that your CI (Calories In) is less than your CO (Calories Out).

• DaisyChain80
    Options
    What is a calorie deficit @WinoGelato

Thanks for the advice
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    What is a calorie deficit @WinoGelato

Thanks for the advice

As I mentioned in your other thread, a Calorie Deficit is what is required for weight loss. All of this comes down to an energy balance called CICO. Calories In Calories Out

CI = CO means you maintain your weight
    CI > CO means you gain weight, you are in a calorie surplus
    CI < CO means you lose weight, you are in a calorie deficit

You can create a calorie deficit by eating any type of foods you like, as long as your CI is less than your CO. That's not to say that what you eat doesn't matter, for satiety and nutrition you should strive to eat a balanced diet. But green tea and detox drinks don't do anything other than make you go to the bathroom.

Have you read the stickied Most Helpful Posts at the top of the forum threads as I suggested earlier? Start here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1235566/so-youre-new-here/p1

Lots of good info here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,982 Member
    Options
    Yes, with only 2 stone (28 pounds) to lose, the appropriate weekly weight loss goal is a pound per week.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    No long term successful healthy/fit/in-shape person with any amount of strength got there by starving themselves forever.
    Sure- don't eat -you'll drop fat and muscle. Be weak and will have taught yourself nothing.
    If you are asking a lot of your body you sure as hell better feed it.

This is all estimates. You WILL have to spend a few weeks eating, exercising if you enjoy it, and logging accurately to see what kind of weight is lost and how your body changes.
    Its something you have to learn. And you CAN do it. Just make sure you feed yourself.

1200 is a minimum. You are to log any and all exercise. (not brushing teeth or folding laundry "exercise") and log and eat those calories. :)

Shop smart.
    Log accurately.
    Lose weight.
  • DaisyChain80
    Options
    I will be eating the right foods, I've done a lot of research but it is confusing because some web sites tell you to do one thing and then others tell you not to do it!

Anyway I've been shopping bought lots of salad, fruit & veg, eggs, chicken & fish and lots of bottled water (don't like tap water)

• WinoGelato
    Options
    I will be eating the right foods, I've done a lot of research but it is confusing because some web sites tell you to do one thing and then others tell you not to do it!

Anyway I've been shopping bought lots of salad, fruit & veg, eggs, chicken & fish and lots of bottled water (don't like tap water)

Don't take weight loss advice from websites (other than this one - hah!).

There is not such thing as the "right foods" because that implies that there are the "wrong foods". Food is just food, you can eat any combination of foods and lose weight as long as you're in a calorie deficit.

That sounds like a good start for the week - are you purposely avoiding grains? What about dairy?
  • DaisyChain80
    Options
    @WinoGelato I now understand not to use the web lol
  • DaisyChain80
    Options
    Not keen on grains but I will probable have a bit of cheese & milk
  • kelhea
    kelhea Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    The best detox drink is lots of water! :)