Why am I gaining weight!??!

Options
13»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    For those of you food scale nazis, I lost 80lbs in 2013 and didn't even own a food scale. I'm not asking why I can't lose weight. I'm wondering if anyone has insight into why I've gained those five pounds in 2.5 weeks. I'd lost 20lbs in four months prior using measuring cups and spoons. I think that's pretty good.

So you're saying I underestimated my calories by 17,500 because I didn't weigh my food. I don't think so.

Thank you to those of you who are guessing water weight or my thyroid is low again. I appreciate the support.

People are trying to help by providing information on what has worked for them. I know I was personally in a cycle of losing and gaining the same few pounds until I began weighing my food. If you don't want to listen to that advice, then don't. But insulting people who are trying to help you . . .
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    All I know is I stepped on scale monday am and.Tuesday am and weighed 3 pounds heavier Tuesday am .. go figure .. did nothing wrong .. and.I will keep doing what I am doing .. CICO works

Good luck
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Quite honestly when it comes to losing weight it is all about being in a caloric deficit. Nothing else matters really. As long as you are eating less calories than what your body needs then you are going to lose weight. Combine that with a solid workout program and you are good to go. My personal preference is this program as I have achieved quite extreme results with it (10kg in 2 months) http://how2loseweightnow.com/2016/09/12/eat-stop-eat-review-intermittent-fasting-diet-online/

However if you prefer another kind of diet and workout then you can always follow a paleo diet or something. Also it is extremely important that you calculate your DAILY CALORIC NEEDS accurately!! For that use a BMR Calculator. You can find many on google...eat 500cal below the number the calculator gives you and follow the program I sent you and you will see extremely good results if you are disclipined.

Don't you mean TDEE? 500 cal under BMR could put most people under 1200 calories a day which is not recommended.