Exercising daily

Options
Does anyone have a favorite exercise that they like to do every day. Low impact ideas for me. I have RA and am working towards higher impact exercises. Also add me for motivation

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I cycle...pretty much everyday...at least 5-6 days per week.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Walking is a great low impact workout. You could try yoga or swimming. I like to do a spin class once or twice a week. Aerial classes, trapeze, silks, pole, are all low impact as well. I sprained my ankle and I was able to jump back into my pole classes after about a week or two of rest, I just had to be extra mindful of my landings when coming out of inverts.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    candice072 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a favorite exercise that they like to do every day. Low impact ideas for me. I have RA and am working towards higher impact exercises. Also add me for motivation

Hello! I have RA (side-effect of Lupus) and I feel your pain on having to focus on low-impact exercises. I just wanted to drop in and give some motivation that it does get easier! My fitness journey started probably 4 years ago with cardio, moved onto hula hooping and yoga daily, then cardio + hooping and yoga, then eventually light lifting and now (since October 2015) I lift heavy and do cardio 5+ days a week. I still have bad days but it gets easier to push through because of how much better the exercise makes your body feel. I highly suggest hula hooping and yoga as a good start to get your body used to moving without putting too much pressure on your joints. Most importantly, listen to your body. I always ignore it and it ends up taking a turn for the worst (my biggest downfall).
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,202 Member
    Options
    Check out the Challenges ... maybe one of the exercise ones might appeal to you. :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I do dance work-out videos daily (usually around 30 minutes a day). I'm currently doing Shaun T's "CIZE" programme which I can't recommend enough - so, so good! :)