Please share exercise success stories!

Options
_L_A_
_L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
I would love to see success stories of people who have changed their physique, health or lifestyle through exercise, either cardio or lifting or anything else!

I'm just starting a new exercise regime and I'm not going to focus on weight, I would like my shape and size to change, but I don't care if that means losing or staying the same, and I would love to see some people who have managed this!

Please share pics with what sort of exercise you have taken up :smile:

Replies

• peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I am a long-time cardio bunny who transitioned to hula hooping and yoga, and in October of last year, started heavy lifting. I previously ate 1,000 calories x day and ran non-stop as a means of fitness. I was always hungry, miserable and dissatisfied with my body. Lifting changed my life. Along with lifting, I completely reevaluated my nutrition as well - I went from 1,000 non-macro meeting calories to 1,400 nutrition packed calories (think tons of protein, low sugar and carbs on leg day). My body composition completely changed to a toned, muscular physique that gains strength weekly and my attitude is much more positive. I am happier with how I look, how I feel, and that radiates in all aspects of life. I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be, but I am way closer than I was a year ago.
  • _L_A_
    _L_A_ Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I am a long-time cardio bunny who transitioned to hula hooping and yoga, and in October of last year, started heavy lifting. I previously ate 1,000 calories x day and ran non-stop as a means of fitness. I was always hungry, miserable and dissatisfied with my body. Lifting changed my life. Along with lifting, I completely reevaluated my nutrition as well - I went from 1,000 non-macro meeting calories to 1,400 nutrition packed calories (think tons of protein, low sugar and carbs on leg day). My body composition completely changed to a toned, muscular physique that gains strength weekly and my attitude is much more positive. I am happier with how I look, how I feel, and that radiates in all aspects of life. I still have a long way to go to get where I want to be, but I am way closer than I was a year ago.

This is definitely what I wanted to hear :smile: I'm eating around 2000 calories a day, weight training 3 days a week and cardio 2 days a week. Once I've cut down a bit of fat % I want to be doing 4 days weights and 1 day cardio. I wish I could do something like strong lifts 5x5 or new rules but I have rubbish knees and I always end up getting injured doing squats and dead lifts, so I have to stick to upper body free weights and lower body machines like leg press which is safer for my knees
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Larcher91 wrote: »

This is definitely what I wanted to hear :smile: I'm eating around 2000 calories a day, weight training 3 days a week and cardio 2 days a week. Once I've cut down a bit of fat % I want to be doing 4 days weights and 1 day cardio. I wish I could do something like strong lifts 5x5 or new rules but I have rubbish knees and I always end up getting injured doing squats and dead lifts, so I have to stick to upper body free weights and lower body machines like leg press which is safer for my knees

I thought I wouldn't be able to squat or dead lift either! I had reconstructive surgery on my left foot in 2013, will need to get a follow-up surgery this year and have the other foot reconstructed next year, all in addition to having Lupus. I literally thought it would be impossible. But if you start with little to no weight and work up slowly, it can actually help build the muscle (and in my case build balance and strength back into the tendons). Definitely ask a doctor first though!
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Great work JoshD !

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!