Holiday-Happy Canada Day!

Options
YummyTpn
YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
Hi All, Just wishing you fellow Canadians a Happy Canada Day, and to support you all in staying on track through today's possible foodie temptations!:happy:

Replies

• Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    HAPPY CANADA DAY TO YOU AS WELL!!

i NEED THE SUPPORT TO STAY ON TRACK TODAY IT IS also my brother's b-day and hm and his family and my mom will be here shortly for a BBQ!!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to you as well!

I just put up a great BBQ recipe. It will definitely fill you up due to the black beans fiber and help keep you on tract today. If you can have grilled chicken breast instead of a burger I'm sure you will be fine. Watermelon too is great for a BBQ and at 40 calories + fiber per cup its also a great way to keep on track.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104552-canada-day-photo-south-western-black-bean-salad
  • Rugbychick16
    Rugbychick16 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Happy Canada Day to everyone as well! We are heading out to go camping, so I'm sure the junk food will be countered by losts of kayaking and hiking! :drinker:
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    Well, I hope you are all making out OK today. We just returned from the Canada Day celebrations (in a big local park, Deifenbaker Park) and made out with 1/2 a freezee (reject from my daughter; I threw the renainder in the garbage before I inhaled the whole thing, which was hard to do, it was very hot out and the freezee very cooling,) water, diet pepsi, and a medium-sized chicken-caesar salad. Not awsome, but I think not bad, considering the venues avaialble...lots of foods high in fats and carbs! Also, we walked a fair amount. I am about to enter the num bers and see where I am at. Please feel free to add me as your friend, fellow Canadians, it would be nice to know you. Yahoo to the greatest country on earth! :drinker:
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    Heathersmilez, thank you for the recipe and link; I will definately use that in the near future!
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    Hey Mom-to-five, just keep remembering the seven pounds you have lost so far, and what seven pounds looks like in fat. It is a lot, and seven pounds of fat, on its own, is not visually appealling! And you don't want to put that back on your body. Now that you know you can lose seven pounds, you know you are capable of losing seven more (if that is your goal, if not, even less of a weight loss is something you can definately do!) It's not worth it for one BBQ; can you fill up on raw or grilled veggies, and have some lean protein? The watermelon thing is really good at a BBQ too, as is strawberries, raspberries, or any other summer fruit. Good Luck!