Looking for Very Limited Mobility Friends

Options
I have a progressive nerve disease which limits my mobility and excersizing. I have to lose weight to limit weight on my back and legs.
I am looking for friends to be supportive, share ideas and motivation.

Replies

• jrobertson290365
    jrobertson290365 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I seen your heading and had to reply, like you I have limited mobility due to chronic back pain what brought me to start losing weight was I was getting chest pains and shortness of breath and the nurse at the doctors surgery told me I had to lose weight and here I am 2 months later and lost 26lbs by just changing my eating habits and trying to exercise more.

Please feel free to add me as a friend.
  • laurasheldon92
    laurasheldon92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of beginner level classes that are welcoming of all levels. I work with people with physical disabilities and set up fitness classes all the time. It is just a matter of reaching out to a fitness place and asking. They should all be honest about how adaptive their classes are. I am suggesting a group class because socialization can make it really fun, plus meeting active people might open up opportunities for other fitness ideas.
  • djaustin53
    djaustin53 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat Ladies. Really bummed out cause it hurts to move.. I've decided to push myself and work through the pain. I would LOVE to find a walking buddy close to home. ( Washington, Pa).
  • HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen and you cannot out exercise a diet in caloric excess. Knowing this is really comforting and inspiring for those who are struggling to exercise due to whatever reason.

Put your stats and desired rate of loss into this app. Weigh everything you eat and drink meticulously with the help of kitchen scales. Weigh in grams using the most reputable entries in the MFP database, using the USDA inputs are the best.

I started out at 278 lbs and could only manage to walk very short distances in the beginning after some time those distances and intensity increased. Fast forward years, my health has deteriorated to a point where I am truly sedentary, not by choice but circumstances, however I have managed to maintain my weight throughout by being careful with logging.

There are myriads of exercise options out there. Seated exercises. Yoga Youtubes. Maybe hydrotherapy could be an option. Physiotherapy may point you in the right direction so you are doing exercise that won't aggravate any underlying condition. No matter what if you keep trying and exploring options one will present itself.

Good luck and all the best.

• 22MaiHicka22
    22MaiHicka22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just to let you know that I have heard from a trainer that 80 if not 90% of wieght loss depends on " clean eating " . Those exercise are for toning your body . A 30 mins of walking should help !

Oh btw , I would like to be your friend !!
  • breenarna
    breenarna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've just started my journey and I'm doing aquaerobics and body balance classes. I find it very low stress on my joints and I love getting in the pool after a ten hour shift where as if I had to go workout on my feet after being on my feet already for the whole day I would probably be very very apprehensive.