same workout as last week but no sweat. why?

Options
So I workout on a stationary bike once a week for about 1hour and half. But today something weird happened.

I followed the same routine but somehow I didn't get to sweat like I usually do and for some reason, I was thirsty no matter how much water I drank (more than 60 oz I think) Normally, I start to break a sweat 7-10 minutes after I start and then it's just flows non-stop.

So this is pretty much what I think was different this time:

- I only had 5 hours of sleep today
- Ate a LOT yesterday...(it was my treat day)

maybe I was dehydrated without knowing?
or am I sweating less because I'm getting fitter? but I doubt my body would have changed that much in one week...

I know sweat doesn't necessarily equal hard workout but still I felt like I didn't get a good workout or burn enough calories...

Replies

• MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you are correct that sweat doesnt' necessarily equal good workout, but you should be continuously challenging yourself as our bodies get used to the exercise - so if you did X last time, you do X+1 this time and so on.

Is there a reason you exercise only once a week?
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    You should change it up! Our bodies get used to the same exercise month to month. That muscle memory, man...it's a pain.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think mild dehydration is a possibility.
  • mango5tango
    Options
    I didn't mean I work out only once a week. I work out 5 times a week and usually Saturday is my stationary bike day haha

well maybe it was just dehydration or just not working hard enough I guess.
    today I was back to normal (sweating like crazy during my Insanity workout)
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I would say dehydration. Do you drink a lot of water on treat day?

It is true to that our bodies get used to the same excercise and we burn less calories as we become more efficient. I don't think that has an effect on sweat though.

Also I think as time goes on with excercise you actually begin to sweat more as your body gets used to cooling itself off.
  • redsun57
    redsun57 Posts: 6
    Options
    I would say dehydration. Do you drink a lot of water on treat day?

No actually it's quite the opposite i guess. I had a lot of salty and carb-loaded food and def not enough water.
    That's really interesting tho. I had no idea what I ate the day before could affect my body in that way. Maybe that also explains the temp weight gain I experienced after my treat day. (Gained 1.5lbs 2 days ago but now it's gone)

Thanks that was a helpful insight!