Bloated and feeling fat at the end of the day

Options
So today I started my goal of drinking only water and I had a nice sized dinner, too. Well I drank 10 cups of water today, along with a big dinner, and I feel so bloated and fat. Is that normal?

Replies

• _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Yes, a nice sized meal will do that.
    As long as you're under your cals you're fine. Not sure if you spaced out your water but keep meals smaller and spaced every few hours. At least that's what helps me.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    So today I started my goal of drinking only water and I had a nice sized dinner, too. Well I drank 10 cups of water today, along with a big dinner, and I feel so bloated and fat. Is that normal?

It is if you drink that much water, especially with a big dinner. Drink for thirst and to stay hydrated, but there is no reason to overdo it. :)
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    You probably don't need that much water, it can make you feel bloated. You get a lot of water from the foods you eat also, so just drink when you are thirsty and have pale to clear urine.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    You do not have to drown yourself in water. Drink throughout the day a moderate amount to stay hydrated, perhaps do the pee color test.. straw (pale) yellow you are good.

This water is not gonna help you lose weight, its only gonna help you stay hydrated.

edited to add: you can drink other things as well throughout the day that contribute to water count, as well as foods (i.e. fruits and veggies).. they all count towards the water count too.