What is good with salmon?

Options
2»

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i love it seared in a bit of butter or evoo with capers or kalamata olives, lemon, artichoke hearts and halved cherry tomatoes. served with coconut rice and spinach. ugh. now i'm starving.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I am really intrigued how many people said mashed potatoes with salmon... It would never have occurred to me to put those together. Sweet potatoes yes, regular russet potatoes no. I don't have a good reason, just didn't occur to me. May have to try it!
  • scgirlincolorado
    scgirlincolorado Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's what I had last night! Cooked with chopped fresh rosemary on top and a squeeze of lemon. Sides were garlic broccoli and jasmine rice.... yummy.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Make sure you leave the "FARM' salmon in the grocery store and buy "WILD".

Buying farm salmon is like eating tilapia.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    What is good with salmon?
    Depending on how it's prepared of course but Chardonnay generally goes well. A nice Chablis would be my choice.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    I am famous within my group of friends for the salmon that I make! They're actually trying to get it sold within a local Italian resturant.

2 lbs. salmon
    2 eggs, whisked
    1 c. Progresso Italian breadcrumbs
    1 c. Locatelli cheese
    1/2 c. fresh parsley, chopped
    2 T. minced garlic
    1 T. salt
    1 T. pepper
    1/2 stick butter, cubed

Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Mix breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley. Dip salmon filets in eggs and then into breadcrumb mixture. Coat thouroughly. Place on greased pan. Add extra breadcrumb mixture to any bare areas. Season with salt and pepper, top with garlic and cubed butter. Bake for 35-minutes uncovered or until center of filet is flaky and light pink.

I usually serve with steamed asparagus, pesto pasta (I live with two fully Italian boys, they love their pasta - I skip this portion of the meal) and a salad.
  • melissaa093
    melissaa093 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your helpful responses! Especially the fork pic lmao. Im new to healthy cooking so was very insightful! Ive chosen asparagus, broccoli and wild rice
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes is my favorite meal ever.

Now I have to go shopping.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Here is what I fixed with mine LOL

Seasoned Grilled Salmon topped with Salsa Verde Avocado Dressing with a side of Bacon Wrapped Asparagus and Grilled Mushrooms

355 Cal, 15g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 50g Protein, 13g Fat

9vx14ho5qt1m.png