Macro Help - Fat Burning

Options
Hi Guys!

I was wondering if any pros could help me out with my macros and the correct ratio for fat burn. I've currently got them set to:

Fat - 35%
Protein - 35%
Carbs - 30%

Is this okay? Or do I need to amend them?

Thanks and please add me as I have no friends! *laughs then cries*

x

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Macro ratios don't enhance fat burn. Your calorie deficit, lean muscle mass and how you rest does.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Macro ratios don't enhance fat burn. Your calorie deficit, lean muscle mass and how you rest does.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

<---this. Fat burn is dictated by the amount of lean muscle mass you have compared to the amount of replacement calories you put in, more muscle mass equals more caloric burn equals more fat burned as long as you are in a deficit. There is no magical eating regimen that instills a quicker fat burn in a person's body. However, eat more protein and fats than carbs and you will take in less calories resulting in more fat burned over time. Your macros are established to help support the type of body you are trying to develop.
  • Dingaling90
    Dingaling90 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi guys,

Thanks so much! Really helpful!

x
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Also, if you get your RMR tested, they call tell you whether your primary energy source is currently burning fat or carbs.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    While macros may not have an impact on fat burning going higher protein and fat may help with compliance in that you are more likely to feel full longer than if you consumed the same number of calories but a higher proportion of carbs. (and I'm a runner.....I love my carbs.....)

• raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

you said rest? can you elaborate? i ask because how does rest fall into fat burning?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,394 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also, if you get your RMR tested, they call tell you whether your primary energy source is currently burning fat or carbs.

You body burns both energy sources all the time depending on your activity.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    While macros may not have an impact on fat burning going higher protein and fat may help with compliance in that you are more likely to feel full longer than if you consumed the same number of calories but a higher proportion of carbs. (and I'm a runner.....I love my carbs.....)

Protein and fiber supports satiety. Carbs and fat depend on the person. I don't get full on fat but do on carbs. So i there is a concern for compliance.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    OP, your macros will depend on a several factors; goals, satiety, energy, etc. In a general sense, protein should be .8 to 1g per lb of lean body mass, fats - .35 to .6g per lb of lbm and carbs the rest. Carbs and fats can be varied based on person preference.