there is no way!...

Options
I'm going to get through this week without gaining. I'm so close to my first micro-goal (I've been gaining and losing the same two pounds for weeks now and I'm finally close to crossing a threshold) but I have book club tonight, a big Mexican Grito party tomorrow night, an event at the Mexican Embassy Thursday night and then a huge BBQ at the US Ambassador's house on Saturday. I know I just have to exercise and take each event as it comes but I'm depressed to be so close and then have so many challenges.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Life will be full of these type of challenges... Gotta learn to roll with the punches.
  • iwtbtagtgtg
    iwtbtagtgtg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a busy, successful life! I hope you can be a picky eater at your events and only sample the best of the best while you focus on enjoying the people and events around you! Have fun! You've got this!!
  • dcglobalgirl
    dcglobalgirl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Great advice!! I will try to be truly selective. :)
  • amariar8
    amariar8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've definitively had weeks like this and it's NOT easy! The only way I have managed to not lose focus is to exercise a little more on the days with events that include food that I love! I'll make sure to get a long morning walk/run/something in, be active on my lunch and breaks, and if possible eat something healthy and filling so I'm not eating too much if any of the food/drinks that is not going to help me reach my goal. I find that when I do this I also realize that I've worked so hard all day to toss it out now...maybe just one slice of chocolate cake and glass of wine is enough. smile:
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Although good food will be served at those events try to focus on the actual event itself. Food is just a perk.

Also, be selective. Look over everything that is available first and then choose the items that are truly worth it to you.

Stay active. Socialize, mingle, and enjoy the entire experiences. Sounds like a lot of fun!