Splenda Addict/Want to quit

Options
2»

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Slowly start weaning yourself off of ALL of it ..... :drinker: .
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Aspartame, the most common low calorie sweetener discovered in 1965, when eaten in excess, can lead to aspartame poisoning. Again when eaten in excess... it is commonly used in over 6,000 products and is the most common low-calorie sweetener in most diet drinks. Just throwing caution out there for aspartame... Splenda does not contain aspartame...

You know the tests that showed those result of "excess levels" (on rats) would required a human to drink near 50 cans of diet soda A DAY to achieve?

http://andevidencelibrary.com/topic.cfm?cat=4089

http://andevidencelibrary.com/topic.cfm?cat=4100

wow, that's like John Daly level...and aspartame is the least of his worries...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Aspartame, the most common low calorie sweetener discovered in 1965, when eaten in excess, can lead to aspartame poisoning. Again when eaten in excess... it is commonly used in over 6,000 products and is the most common low-calorie sweetener in most diet drinks. Just throwing caution out there for aspartame... Splenda does not contain aspartame...

Splenda gives me headaches. :ohwell:
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I say addict---I mean I have to have sweetener in my coffee........................... not literal. Sorry you didn't sense that.
    So regular sugar is better than Agave or Truvia or Stevia?
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What are the withdrawl symptoms of splenda addiction?

SEVERE sneezing...................................... ---- I didn't mean a literal addiction. I apologize.
  • crell504
    crell504 Posts: 10
    Options
    Truvia...it tastes better than Stevia in my opinion. or raw organic honey
  • 5brownsnc
    5brownsnc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    MONK FRUIT - In the raw. It is better than stevia, in my opinion, and is now at most grocery stores ! No calories, and no bitter after taste that stevia can sometimes produce.
  • sirius951
    sirius951 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just have 1 sugar (15 cals):drinker: in drinks and add it as a snack in my diary. Tried sweeteners and they're vile! :drinker: :happy: x