Indian Food? What should I get?

Options
2»

Replies

• toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    1 vote for garlic naan (or CHEESEY garlic naan, so not authentic but they have it at my local dig and omg...)

Indian = maintenance week or aggressive deficits for next few days...so, yeah just maintenance week.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Thanks-all! I ended up getting Reshmi Tikka. I asked for a healthy option. It was amazing! And yes I did splurge for Naan. I'm going to have to go back to try more of y'alls suggestions!

Would love to know how they made it "healthy". Also by making something very ethnic healthy, you are not getting the full taste nor the experience. Sometimes it is worth to splurge once every now and then. ;)

Well, the chicken was marinated in yogurt. Haha! It was served on a very hot cast iron skillet with vegetables, lime, cilantro. It reminded me of fajitas only with a different spice flavor! My lips were burning! It was so delicious.

most of their dishes start out marinading in yogurt!
  • ItsyBitsy246
    ItsyBitsy246 Posts: 307 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For those who like spinach, Sag Paneer. Does require a bit of planning around...
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    you don't have to eat everything on the plate....
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lodro wrote: »

that's just crazy talk. If I'm going to an Indian restaurant, I'm eating everything on the plate. In fact, I'm likely at an Indian buffet so I'm eating everything on more than one plate!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    skip the naan if you want to go lower cal. I like chicken tikka masala, myself.
  • ouryve
    ouryve Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Prawn Bhuna

Or, if you're wary of prawns, something like chicken jalfrezi.

Though I love something creamy. I have an awesome chicken korma recipe in an old book with a sauce laden with full fat yogurt and almonds which is practically a meal in itself!
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    everything! indian food is the best food. my local indian place treats me like a queen because of how frequently i used to go lol. now it's saved for splurges and i make sure to take half home (where i then weigh it). i don't eat chicken or lamb so these are my faves

garlic naan
    shrimp malai curry
    mushroom mahkani
    saag paneer
    veg korma
    vegetable samosas or vegetable pakora
    any kind of dal

actually, this list is pointless, just going to stick with my original list of - everything!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

that's just crazy talk. If I'm going to an Indian restaurant, I'm eating everything on the plate. In fact, I'm likely at an Indian buffet so I'm eating everything on more than one plate!

My husband always has leftovers when we eat Indian (his appetite is rather light). I'm always jealous the next day when he's eating them and I have nothing (because I ate it ALL the night before). Still not enough to get me to change my behavior . . .
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

My husband always has leftovers when we eat Indian (his appetite is rather light). I'm always jealous the next day when he's eating them and I have nothing (because I ate it ALL the night before). Still not enough to get me to change my behavior . . .

Does. Not. Compute.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Does. Not. Compute.

This is a man who was looking at delicious fresh donuts and said they looked really good but he wasn't hungry. I was like "You have to be hungry to want a donut?"

(This is probably why I log calories and he has maintained the same weight his entire adult life :D )
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

Does. Not. Compute.

if i stuck with just ordering an entree and naan i could polish it off no problem. but it's indian and i have no self control.

6bx7f2xlxxr1.gif
    you get a side dish! you get a side dish! everyone gets a side dish!!!