Think I've Figured Out My Calorie/Macro count ?

Options
Hi Guys!

I'd like some advice! Apologies if my lingo is basic, slightly inexperienced!

I'm 5'3", 140lbs, 25% body fat, desk job. I'm looking to lose fat and build lean muscle (isn't everyone...). I love to lift, don't mind cardio (I prefer running or the row machine). I'm trying to figure out if my calorie/macro count is best for my goals. I've been consuming 1600 calories (plus extra on workout days, according to the MFP app) with macros of 120g carbs, 53g fat, 160g protein (30/30/40). I work out 3-4 times a week (working on being consistent with 4 days a week). 2-3 days weightlifting at moderate intensity (approx. 45mins -1 hour) and 1 day a week I play soccer (competitive) 90 minutes. I've stuck to this eating/workout routine for about 2 months now and I can definitely tell i'm slimming down, as in my pants/shirts fit more comfortably and I can tell my thighs/booty are getting slimmer. I haven't lost pounds, but i'm more concerned about how I look, not the scale. I'd love to know if i'm eating correctly and if anyone could recommend ways I can be more efficient and reach my goals.

Thanks!

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Reduce your protein. No need to go more than 0.8g/pound. Your calories are about right for cutting. Just make sure you are weighing all of your food, logging everything you eat/drink, use correct entries and push the water. Also reassess your macros if you find your weight loss is stalling or for every 5 pound loss. Best of luck!
  • samw86
    samw86 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't change much so far if you're happy with how you're progressing. Protein could probably be lowered slightly, as mentioned above, but that depends on food preferences.

I'd only look to change things once progress stalls.

Side note - how clothes fit is one of the best ways to track progress IMO
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »
    Reduce your protein. No need to go more than 0.8g/pound. Your calories are about right for cutting. Just make sure you are weighing all of your food, logging everything you eat/drink, use correct entries and push the water. Also reassess your macros if you find your weight loss is stalling or for every 5 pound loss. Best of luck!

Yep. This^
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

Why reduce protein if its working for her? If eating protein (more protein than your body can process) keeps you satisfied hunger wise and keeps you on track calorie wise eat as much protein as you want too.. Its all about calories once you meet your protein and fat daily minimum grams you can eat anything you want too!!! The end!!